+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fastest way to reunite with gf / partner

assbutt

Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

I will be doing a 1 year MSc program at U of T with an internship at the end and will possibly receive a work permit afterwards. I currently have both study and work permits for about 15 months. What is the best or fastest way to bring my girlfriend? Assuming I receive my work permit after 1 year, can she enter Canada with a tourist visa, get married to me, obtain a work permit and stay with me? Any other ways with high possibility of success (aside from her applying for a study or work permit outside Canada by herself)?

assbutt

Jul 25, 2018
Haha... you ask in a public forum for our suggestion whether she can marry to you? If I am a competitor, I would say no.:D
I'm asking whether that option will work out or not. For the sake of efficient resource management, I would suggest you to stay on topic and not divert the question into a meaningless route.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does she qualify for IEC? Not sure where you are from. Coming to Canada may be difficult depending on her background but marriage would be the only other option unless you have already lived together for 1 year.

Reactions: assbutt

assbutt

Jul 25, 2018
Does she qualify for IEC? Not sure where you are from. Coming to Canada may be difficult depending on her background but marriage would be the only other option unless you have already lived together for 1 year.
Thank you. My country has no IEC agreement with Canada, so she doesn't. She has a strong educational and professional background in a well demanded field, I'm almost sure that finding a job won't be a problem for her. I just wanted to know if marriage is a solid way of ensuring she stays with me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The TRV may be the issue. She needs to show strong ties to her home country. A spouse owp is not guaranteed as a student but it is with a pgwp. It can take 4+ months to get a visa though. Depending on her history she may qualify for express entry.

Reactions: assbutt

assbutt

Jul 25, 2018
O
The TRV may be the issue. She needs to show strong ties to her home country. A spouse owp is not guaranteed as a student but it is with a pgwp. It can take 4+ months to get a visa though. Depending on her history she may qualify for express entry.
One last question. Assuming I have pgwp and her TRV duration is shorter than 4 months, will she have to leave as soon as her TRV ends or can she stay while her wp application is being processed / as long as we're married?