Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
What do you think?

I was talking to my father about how my wife's application for residency still says "application recieved" and not in progress, when others have already been approved or are in progress at the same office (Singapore), even though their applications were recieved AFTER ours. He said he thinks that if the person is wealthy and has lots money to invest in Canada that they will quickly get them in.

Economic stimulation? This is a spousal application, not a business application.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
lenardparnold said:
What do you think?

I was talking to my father about how my wife's application for residency still says "application recieved" and not in progress, when others have already been approved or are in progress at the same office (Singapore), even though their applications were recieved AFTER ours. He said he thinks that if the person is wealthy and has lots money to invest in Canada that they will quickly get them in.

Economic stimulation? This is a spousal application, not a business application.
I don't think your father is correct. There are tons of reasons while people who submitted after you are processing already. Maybe your Immigration Officer is looking at you application closely, maybe there is something in your application which is significantly different than most. As long as you are within the processing time posted at the CIC website all you can do is wait it out. It is the same thing we are seeing for Inland applications, some people who submitted their application in January 2010 has not been granted PR yet while some who submitted theirs in April, May, June and yes even July got their PR already.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Actually there may be some truths in that.SOME being the key word! I know of a few doctors and business people that all seemed to get through surprisingly quick. ALL of them!!

I think its more that there is less to investigate. These people could live successful well off lives in Canada because of their careers and current financial situation. There is less worry about them finding work or contributing, less worry about them running into criminals life styles, and their motives are generally more clear.

That isn't really a business decision based on the economy...its just probably easier for immigration to process them vs somebody who has very little or struggles and could possibly have married just to escape that to a better life!!

I do believe they do the files in order but its not possible for them all to be completed in order!! What if you process Mr A and he has some delays in his case, as well as his case is more suspicious and while they are processing him they get to Mr B who is a rich doctor who married a Canadian he met at a medical conferance. Mr B has a clear cut case, his motives are clearly not financial as he had a successful practice in his home country and a nice home etc etc. Wouldn't it make sense Mr B gets processed straight through since their is no reason for his to take very long? So then essentially it would appear he got processed ahead of Mr.A but really...thats not so much the case...Mr A was just a more complicated file to process...more to investigate!

Thats just my take on it!

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
I didn't really agree with my father but was getting some other input.

Thanks for the input.

Well I guess I can't complain until it's been another 15 months (it's already been 5, and Singapore is now listed as being a 20 months processing time....)

I am assuming by processing time they include the time from when I am listed as "application recieved" and not from the time it changes to "in process." Because the the sponsor application us about a month but it doesn't change from application recieved until the very end.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I'm pretty sure if you were like...say someone famous that the application would probably be processed in a matter of days. If you payed enough and know the right people. Who knows. You know what they say...money talks.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I don't think how rich the applicant is will officially make any difference. But I agree that an applicant with a lot of money may find his/her application processed more quickly. There is less chance that a rich person is marrying just to be able to immigrate to Canada. The visa officers spend a lot of time trying to decide if an applicant is in a fake marriage just to get into Canada. Someone with a lot of money, a home, a good job, etc in his or her own country will be seen as someone who does not have any reason to want to immigrate to Canada; therefore, the marriage must be for love.
If the applicant has a lot of money in the bank, the VO also doesn't have to worry about whether the sponsor will be able to support them.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
lenardparnold said:
What do you think?

I can assure you that it is not a policy, whether it happens under the table or not I don't know. I feel very safe in saying that my economic health is greater than likely that vast majority of people applying simply going by Canada's average household income etc..etc.. and we have been shown zero special treatment and the office knows as I included bank statements business tax returns stock accounts etc..etc.. they are well aware of the situation. Honestly I wish it was something I could write a check for or make a donation to something and have things sped up but if that happens nobody is telling me about it.

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
SmoothiesQueen said:
I do believe they do the files in order but its not possible for them all to be completed in order!! What if you process Mr A and he has some delays in his case, as well as his case is more suspicious and while they are processing him they get to Mr B who is a rich doctor who married a Canadian he met at a medical conferance. Mr B has a clear cut case, his motives are clearly not financial as he had a successful practice in his home country and a nice home etc etc. Wouldn't it make sense Mr B gets processed straight through since their is no reason for his to take very long? So then essentially it would appear he got processed ahead of Mr.A but really...thats not so much the case...Mr A was just a more complicated file to process...more to investigate!

Thats just my take on it!
Agreed. I don't think CIC puts the applications in order of "who has more money". It all depends...

And I can tell you from personal experience that our file, although being processed well within the processing time published for Buffalo, was approved later than most of the other people on this forum. And both of us have doctoral degrees and good jobs (and we didn't have any other complicating factors, at least not any I would be able to tell). So, if what your dad says would be true, our file should have been processed way faster than it did....

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Interesting discussion. If the applicant is more affluent than the sponsor and has sent money to assist the sponsor this would likely delay the process as CIC would investiagte whether the applicant is paying the sponsor to help them immigrate. On the other hand if one of the parties has some 'extra' cash it allows more visits and evidence/proof of a genuine relationship.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
However that being said...I'm sure there is some under the table corruption from time to time...people who get special treatment. But I suspect that happens in the country processing the files...not in the missasauga side and its likely something that the big cheeses at Canadian immigration are unaware of, and would be dealt harshly with if they knew. Corruption happens...I think its just a personal link thing. Like somebody knows someone in immigration who does a little favour for them. It would be very risky for the IO attempting it though!! Canada seems pretty solid in the fairness department!

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
do you think that me sending my wife some money to put in our savings account, would cause a red flag and look suspicious? also does cic expect the sponsor to pay for all the application fees? I see this as something equal and both sides should contribute to paying for. thats just my opinion though.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Bangkokcanuck said:
I can assure you that it is not a policy, whether it happens under the table or not I don't know. I feel very safe in saying that my economic health is greater than likely that vast majority of people applying simply going by Canada's average household income etc..etc.. and we have been shown zero special treatment and the office knows as I included bank statements business tax returns stock accounts etc..etc.. they are well aware of the situation. Honestly I wish it was something I could write a check for or make a donation to something and have things sped up but if that happens nobody is telling me about it.
You sound very well off. Maybe you should write a cheque for those that have been waiting long and have things speed up for us ;)

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
confusednscared said:
You sound very well off. Maybe you should write a cheque for those that have been waiting long and have things speed up for us ;)
I would be writing one for me first, as I said I have not been offered or seen anything that would make me believe such a thing could happen.