+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Faster proccesing needed

Iqrameer

Jul 16, 2013
I am a Canadian citezen sponsoring my husband who is living in Pakistan. I applied in November 2012 and got approved. It's now been 8-9months and the file is still on Ottawa.
I am pregnant and really need my husbands support and need for him to be with me in Canada during the delivery.
I have contacted my Mp yet after many efforts, have not been able to receive any sort of help. They say pregnancy is not considered urgent. I have been to Pakistan nemourus times so my husband and I can maintain a heathy relationship. My husband is not able to afford all the expenses now either.
Please somebody advise me as to who I may contact to get my husband's case processed faster.
I have gotten a doctors note stating my condition and that I need someone to look after me.
Who should I send this letter to? I've emailed so many people yet noone is able to do anything.
Should we apply for TRV? I don't have much income to show as I am my working. If this gets rejected, would it affect our immigration file?
Any advise or experience would be appreciated.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Iqrameer said:
I am a Canadian citezen sponsoring my husband who is living in Pakistan. I applied in November 2012 and got approved. It's now been 8-9months and the file is still on Ottawa.
I am pregnant and really need my husbands support and need for him to be with me in Canada during the delivery.
I have contacted my Mp yet after many efforts, have not been able to receive any sort of help. They say pregnancy is not considered urgent. I have been to Pakistan nemourus times so my husband and I can maintain a heathy relationship. My husband is not able to afford all the expenses now either.
Please somebody advise me as to who I may contact to get my husband's case processed faster.
I have gotten a doctors note stating my condition and that I need someone to look after me.
Who should I send this letter to? I've emailed so many people yet noone is able to do anything.
Should we apply for TRV? I don't have much income to show as I am my working. If this gets rejected, would it affect our immigration file?
It is not possible to get your application processed faster. All you can do is wait, like everyone else here.
We all have our "hard luck" stories and all wish that we could be processed faster, somehow.
If there was a "faster processing" option, everyone would choose it, and it would all become slow again.

Sorry....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As zardoz has explained, it is not possible to request faster processing and your file will not be processed faster because you are pregnant. I wouldn't waste your time contacting anyone else - it won't make a difference.

Your husband can certainly try applying for a TRV to visit you in Canada. Unfortunately there's a very high chance the TRV will be refused because CIC know he has plans to remain in Canada long term. If the TRV is refused, it should have no impact on the sponsorship application.

Iqrameer

Jul 16, 2013
Thanx for the replies.
Would you be able to tell me the approximate duration for the file to be transferred to islabad from Canada? How long does it take for it to get sent to Islamabad usually?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Iqrameer said:
Thanx for the replies.
Would you be able to tell me the approximate duration for the file to be transferred to islabad from Canada? How long does it take for it to get sent to Islamabad usually?
it's difficult to know, somewhere between 10 days to 2 weeks after sponsor approval the file gets transferred to the Visa office. However you can start counting the second stage timeline from the approval time... unfortunately, you are dealing with one of the longest VO - ISL is listed at 29 months.
Good luck,
Sweden

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well you should have looked up the processing times when submitting your application because you might have realized the folly of getting pregnant at this stage.

it is best to delay having family if you are getting married in pakistan because of the lengthy application process.
the application process takes 2 years and a child is born in 9 months. you can do the maths.

anyway my file stayed in Ottawa for 12 months before it was transferred to Islamabad. I got an email yesterday from Ottawa saying that my file was being processed in Islamabad.

All my previous emails sent to Ottawa were answered with "Your file is being processed in Ottawa."

Iqrameer said:

alico

Nov 4, 2012
hi, ,it s possıble to get a temporary resıdent vısa whıle your applıcatıon ıs ın progress. vısıtor just has to prove that he/she wıll be able to fınancıally support hımself when he s there and of course prove that he wıll leave canada. who ın the rıght mınd would rısk the sponsorshıp to stay wıth loved one forever wıth vısa anyway for 6 months anyway...i personally receıved tourıst vısa 2 tımes after the sponsorhıp,went there seen my wıfe,went vacatıon wıth her...so ıts possıble ıf ıt works for you guys.
and dont stress out too much, ıt bothers the baby too :) hope you guys the best wıshes.