+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fast RQ processing

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Hi any one here with fast RQ processing who can share his or her story. I like to understand, if there are so many aspects looked into RQ processing and want to know what is the most important proof of evidence which can incline the CO/CJ to give the citizenship. The strongest of strongest intend to reside proof which is not subjective or in question.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be family ties such as children going to school, residence ties such as living is same place for quite some time if rented or own residence with titles, economical ties such as employment/business/investment etc. Other important proof might be continuous passports with travel evidence in past 4 years, vehicle insurance, credit card purchase, bank statements, medical records and so on..

A genuine case is always genuine no matter under RQ or w/o RQ. Applicant has no fear on presenting anything and CIC understands that. CIC is more concerned about suspicious travels, fraudulent activities or miss leading information with fake produced documents etc. Also sorry to say, CIC has few countries immigrant under their list which they intend to do more scrutinizing during the process.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks rayman for explaining it so nicely. So many things are looked into by CO/CJ for decision making. I feel sometimes they also go undercover and investigate if the person is residing at the address or not. is the company where you are working is also contacted for your information. I don't think that citizenship like important thing just decided based on paper documentations only.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally employment is the best evidence of residency per my MPs office advise. I was always employed during my 3 year period with home ownership. I m approaching 5 Months since test and 2 months since RQ response. No oath yet :(. My wife and Son are Canadians.
I haven't seen any fast processing so far per other threads. Hope this helps.

blueshirt said:
Hi any one here with fast RQ processing who can share his or her story. I like to understand, if there are so many aspects looked into RQ processing and want to know what is the most important proof of evidence which can incline the CO/CJ to give the citizenship. The strongest of strongest intend to reside proof which is not subjective or in question.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Generally employment is the best evidence of residency per my MPs office advise. I was always employed during my 3 year period with home ownership. I m approaching 5 Months since test and 2 months since RQ response. No oath yet :(. My wife and Son are Canadians.
I haven't seen any fast processing so far per other threads. Hope this helps.

Viinayipuri I think you should be ok, your papers will be processed and you will have your answer before this July, I am very positive of that

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10 weeks here in Montreal, at the end the matter is subjective and how you present the whole bunch of documents to the user (CIC staff):

Wife got the pre test RQ, we sent all available records end of March, before the 45 calendar days submission limit.

Mainly we sent:

All lease agreements, all property and mortgage deeds, all property insurance, Hydro, everything that we could find related.
Printouts for all our checking account transactions from Day 1, and Credit cards
All health records from employer insurance and Quebec insurance
All kids school records
All our (mine and wife) T4s and tax assessments+returns
Wife school records from Linc and Quebec institutions (language)
Drivers licenses, car and house insurances.. all
Cars purchase agreements
All stamps on passports translated by certified translators and passport copies..

We organized all the documents in folders, each folder addressing one question section.. the officer had to go by question and folder to find everything they need, each folder had the list of documents enclosed Ex: "Kids school records (school name) years", "Checking account transactions, monthly detailed MM/YYYY to MM/YYYY" ..

From day one we never dealt with cash (wife had trouble to adapt the first few month as she comes from a country where cash rules and debit/credit cards were dealt with suspicion) so by the bank transactions they can trace every day of our life from the morning Tim's coffee to the evening movie ticket and popcorn purchase..

I collect every bit of paper since day 1 we are here.. I have a whole section in my library full with folders related to various categories (Bank documents, Education, Insurances, receipts, Deeds, etc... for our family of 4) wife will be more than glad to get rid of those when we will get the citizenship to replace with her favorite books :pp

Lastly this might explain why 3 days ago ecas got updated and she got her test scheduled for next month, 10 weeks after submitting the RQ pile of documents weighting 4KGs :)

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
thanks Michels , I posted this question to get an exact on spot answer and your answer satisfies my need.
I just need one more clarity you said you submitted the RQ end of March and got test date next month which is July. You said it took 10 weeks but from march end to July is 14 weeks. for me too understand the exact timings is crucial. can you just calculate back and tell me when you submitted the RQ exact date and when ecase got updated for test invite exact date so I can plan any short vacation between this time as it is summer time and kids last week to school. we want to get out of this stressful life and situation and spend some quality time until we hear back from cic.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Once RQ issue it will consider non routine application, processing time is
much more than regular time cases, submit as much documents you have
and keep checking the status, make sure that you send the documents by
ups, fedex or any registered post so you have a tracking record. my rq case
pending since March 2013. ( al most 14 months no update.)

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
thanks Michels , I posted this question to get an exact on spot answer and your answer satisfies my need.
I just need one more clarity you said you submitted the RQ end of March and got test date next month which is July. You said it took 10 weeks but from march end to July is 14 weeks. for me too understand the exact timings is crucial. can you just calculate back and tell me when you submitted the RQ exact date and when ecase got updated for test invite exact date so I can plan any short vacation between this time as it is summer time and kids last week to school. we want to get out of this stressful life and situation and spend some quality time until we hear back from cic.
blueshirt.
10 weeks from RQ submission to hearing back from CIC.. i.e. RQ response was reviewed and assessment made
For some this part takes up to 1 year.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no guarantees when it comes to RQs and the CIC in general, especially regarding personal timelines.

There are so many variables completely outside of the applicant's control and knowledge (staffing levels, budget, the period of their application, local office, whether they are part of a pilot project for new procedures, whether it is post or pre test, work load and vacation schedules of individual officers, parental leave of cic employees, persistence of an MP, applicant's presence in the press, etc.) that control the processing time of an RQ. The quality of the RQ response is just a small part of the reason that one person's application gets processed faster than another's.

It's not advisable to predict the processing time of your application based on someone else's. Inform the CIC if you are going to be away for vacation and have someone check your mail during that period. If the CIC schedules your test during the period when you advised them you would be unavailable (this happens more often than one would like), they will not be able to deny you a reschedule since you did everything by the book.

Be sure to document your call to the Call Centre (name of agent, date and time of calls) and call again right before you leave and when you return.

Follow the rules and tell the truth. You will make it to the other side. The truth is your refuge in this process!

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
There are no guarantees when it comes to RQs and the CIC in general, especially regarding personal timelines.

There are so many variables completely outside of the applicant's control and knowledge (staffing levels, budget, the period of their application, local office, whether they are part of a pilot project for new procedures, whether it is post or pre test, work load and vacation schedules of individual officers, parental leave of cic employees, persistence of an MP, applicant's presence in the press, etc.) that control the processing time of an RQ. The quality of the RQ response is just a small part of the reason that one person's application gets processed faster than another's.

It's not advisable to predict the processing time of your application based on someone else's. Inform the CIC if you are going to be away for vacation and have someone check your mail during that period. If the CIC schedules your test during the period when you advised them you would be unavailable (this happens more often than one would like), they will not be able to deny you a reschedule since you did everything by the book.

Be sure to document your call to the Call Centre (name of agent, date and time of calls) and call again right before you leave and when you return.

Follow the rules and tell the truth. You will make it to the other side. The truth is your refuge in this process!
Eileen , you cut your teeth on this one :)

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy1829 said:
Pre-test RQ and post-test RQ are entirely different stories.
Hi

I'd like to know the difference is it better to get pre rather than post?
I passed test few weeks ago waiting for oath but wonder if will get RQ'd as this seems to be a regular occurrence.

Thanks

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pre is better as:
- you won't get a post test RQ :))
- the CO already has an general overview and assessement on your file upon test interview.. Thus would pass smoother
- post test RQ ar based on more significant grounds for an RQ, while pretest are more procedural red flags

My 2 cents based on general trend/observations
At the end RQs are very subjective from case to case and there is no definitive answer for any given RQ on how it would go

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
so pre test RQ is faster than post. Michels if we submit the pre test RQ and get invitation for test does it means they are satisfied or they can still question after test and take further action. what worst can happens after RQ. is there a second RQ issued I have no seen any special second RQ form as first RQ form itself is so detailed.