+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fashion Photographer - Express Entry

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello all, I am a freelance fashion photographer, Mumbai based. I am aged 30 and have a common law partner. Working since 4 years, completed a 1 year photography diploma from Vancouver in 2012. We are applying for the Express Entry with myself as Primary Applicant. My Job Code in NOC is 5221, Skill Set B.

I had the following queries before I proceed and begin the process -

1. It says for skilled trades one has to show full time working "hours" (1560 hours in a year). However, in freelance photography, work can't be clocked precisely based on hours because it is not a fixed routine job. It really depends on project to project. However I have a significantbody of work that is published and my own portfolio, apart from invoices sent to clients etc.

2. Does a photography diploma equal "certificate of qualification issued by Canadian province or authority (skilled trades)? I read that photography is not a regulated profession in Canada, so I am confused. If my diploma works then I get 50 points for that.

3. Where can I get fingerprinting done in Mumbai, for FBI Clearance (as I lived in the US for more than 6 months around 2007-2008). Most of the google results are for Delhi or Bangalore.

4. I have completed a 3 year diploma in fashion design and technology in 2003-2006, right after passing 12th standard. Should I send this diploma and my 12th standard certificate to WES for ECA? My photography diploma is from Canada so that is exempt from ECA. However as I am now a fashion photographer, technically only photography diploma stays relevant to my current job. But the 3 year fashion design diploma is still a qualification which involves fashion so I am wondering if it will be helpful/better to include this?

Thanks to everyone in advance, looking forward to your guidance. :)

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Hello all, I am a freelance fashion photographer, Mumbai based. I am aged 30 and have a common law partner. Working since 4 years, completed a 1 year photography diploma from Vancouver in 2012. We are applying for the Express Entry with myself as Primary Applicant. My Job Code in NOC is 5221, Skill Set B.

I had the following queries before I proceed and begin the process -

1. It says for skilled trades one has to show full time working "hours" (1560 hours in a year). However, in freelance photography, work can't be clocked precisely based on hours because it is not a fixed routine job. It really depends on project to project. However I have a significantbody of work that is published and my own portfolio, apart from invoices sent to clients etc.

2. Does a photography diploma equal "certificate of qualification issued by Canadian province or authority (skilled trades)? I read that photography is not a regulated profession in Canada, so I am confused. If my diploma works then I get 50 points for that.

3. Where can I get fingerprinting done in Mumbai, for FBI Clearance (as I lived in the US for more than 6 months around 2007-2008). Most of the google results are for Delhi or Bangalore.

4. I have completed a 3 year diploma in fashion design and technology in 2003-2006, right after passing 12th standard. Should I send this diploma and my 12th standard certificate to WES for ECA? My photography diploma is from Canada so that is exempt from ECA. However as I am now a fashion photographer, technically only photography diploma stays relevant to my current job. But the 3 year fashion design diploma is still a qualification which involves fashion so I am wondering if it will be helpful/better to include this?

Thanks to everyone in advance, looking forward to your guidance. :)
What happened did you apply for pr as a freelance photographer? How did you prove your hours? I am asking because i’m im the same boat. Please reply i would really appreciate it