+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family wont give info

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
Help!
we were so close to being able to submit everything all we needed was the date of births for some of my husbands family members who live here in Canada and we are being stopped! his family doesnt think the government needs to know that information on family members and is refusing to provide us with the final details it clearly asks for in the application (aunts and uncles who live here already) i believe it asks for that on the generic application form. it specifically says Aunts uncles and cousins. he has a huge family and a good deal of them are here all immigrated here so i would assume the government would know that. what will happen if we dont include some of the family members who are refusing to give us the information? Im so upset and frustrated we were literally 10 birthdates away from submitting! :mad::mad:

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Do not omit any of the family the forms ask about. The question asks if he has any relatives already in Canada. Say yes, list them, and provide as much detail about them as you can. If there is anything you cannot answer, say so, and explain on a separate sheet of paper. Saying, for example, yes, he has a cousin named ____ in Canada, but we do not know his address or his date of birth, is fine. Just omitting to list this person could end up with your husband banned for misrepresentation.

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
If we put them on a seperate piece of paper and saying we dont knowthe information because they refuse to provide it be sufficent reason for them to delay or deny the application?also the Only picture I have with myself and his family are with 2 of the people who are refusing to give the information. if i submit that picture they would know that we are in contact with them. ugh im so frustrated and upset i honestly feel like giving up because i feel like its a lost cause! my head is spinning....

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
If we put them on a seperate piece of paper and saying we dont knowthe information because they refuse to provide it be sufficent reason for them to delay or deny the application?also the Only picture I have with myself and his family are with 2 of the people who are refusing to give the information. if i submit that picture they would know that we are in contact with them. ugh im so frustrated and upset i honestly feel like giving up because i feel like its a lost cause! my head is spinning....
Just be honest. If you cannot provide the information because they refuse to give it to you then say so.

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
do you happen to know if we have to list spouses of cousins? Im so annoyed and upset they are stonewalling us! i mean yes i think its a lot of information and it is a lil much BUT it's not our place to say if they need it or not and to knowingly prevent us for putting information is playing with his chances of being granted pr. its unvelievably selfish of them..... thank you for your help. im so worried now that his whole application is in danger of being denied. i havent slept all night trying to do detective work trying to find the missing pieces.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I think you are over thinking it. First of all, you only need to disclose immediate family such as cousins, not their spouses. At this point you need to be ready for some delay but that will be unavoidable. I listed my cousin but I have no idea if they reached out to him, maybe I could ask, but I think he would have told me if so. Simply list your close family and write N/A when you do not have the information. Then attach a sheet where you say you tried to get this information but you were not successful since they did not want to disclose it. You cannot force people to do things they don't want to and I'm sure IRCC understands this. You will not be denied because you cannot obtain this information.. CSIS will obtain it if it needs to, do not worry.

You need to disclose as much information as you can get ahold of and that's it, you cannot be held accountable for other's actions, this much is clear to all ircc officers. In the end you may just need to show proof of trying to obtain this information to the best of your abilities. Including emails of asking and not getting a reply or a negative reply will likely go a long way.

MizzM

Jul 6, 2017
so thanks to the power of social media I have gotten birthdates for all vut 2 people.

can someone confirm if i need to put spouses? so he has like 5 or 6 aunts and uncles in canada then each one of them has 4-6 children which would be his cousins. do we need to list cousins by marriage? also one of his uncles has a child with someone other than his aunt (shes an adult now) so they are a "step" cousins do we list her? also one Aunt has a husband that is estranged but we don't even think hes living in canada anymore should we bother mentioning him?

ugh.... my family legit had 5 people in all of Canada aunts uncles brother and parents lol why can't his family be as straight forward and simple as mine! this is so frustrating!