+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family visitor visa

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Hello House,

I would like to apply for visitor visa for my single sibling. I live in canada but my PR application is under process. Do you suggest to apply for my sibling visa now or after my permanent residency. I will be grateful for your advice guys.

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You should be posting in the Visitor section of the forum (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/)

That aside, you can't apply for a TRV for your sibling, they have to apply. All you can do is provide a letter of support. They will need to provide proof of ties to your home country and sufficient funds to pay for the trip. Being single, expect it will be significantly harder for them to get a TRV approved.

Reactions: GodLuck

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
You should be posting in the Visitor section of the forum (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/)

That aside, you can't apply for a TRV for your sibling, they have to apply. All you can do is provide a letter of support. They will need to provide proof of ties to your home country and sufficient funds to pay for the trip. Being single, expect it will be significantly harder for them to get a TRV approved.
Thanks a lot. so my status does not impact that? I mean isn't their Tie better now that I am living here on Temporary myself?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your status in Canada now actually tends to make it harder to get a TRV. IRCC will look for ties to the home country (work, property, wife, children, school) as proof. With you having status in Canada, it is now easier for your sibling to overstay the visa. When applying for a TRV, the main things they look for are the ability of the applicant to support themselves without costing the Canadian taxpayer anything and that they are going to leave at the end of the trip. It's somewhat unfair, but due to significant abuses, that's unfortunately how the system works now.

Reactions: GodLuck