+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Visit

pinkcity

Feb 6, 2009
I am PR and keep shuttling between Canada and India but still working in India. I just want to my family(wife & two kids) to visit Canada with me on visitor visa. What are the chances that they will get visitor visa.

When i applied for PR , my family details were clearlly mentioned on the application form. What are the chances that my family will get the visitir visa.

Thanks

sul

Jan 29, 2009
Surely i think you'll be able to get visitor visa..only matter is time.... it may take up to 6 months to get approval i think.

pinkcity

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks Sul. I think what you meant is Family sponsorship !!. My question was that I want to use Visitor Visa route!!

A

Albertagoverner

pinkcity said:
I am PR and keep shuttling between Canada and India but still working in India. I just want to my family(wife & two kids) to visit Canada with me on visitor visa. What are the chances that they will get visitor visa.

When i applied for PR , my family details were clearlly mentioned on the application form. What are the chances that my family will get the visitir visa.

Thanks
Visitor visa has its own requirements

sul

Jan 29, 2009
Hey .... u know, I initially planned to get my visitor visa and then sponsor him while he's here. It was not advisable however.
But over that time, I was browsing thru visitor visa processing time ... it mentioned 6 months (max)....
I meant visitor visa only....
You can check the website? I think it should help.

A

Albertagoverner

pinkcity said:
what are the chances that my family will get visitor visa??
Remember:

Visitor visa has its own intention and qualifications:

To meet, Business, Pleasure, seminar, Conference, tourism etc are purpose of Visitor Visa.

To get this you must demonstrate yourself "well to do" and solid ties to your home country.

"Solid ties" means well convincing reason of yours to remain in home country and come back after visa expiration abroad. These reasons are Job, Business, Family members, Property etc in your home country.

If you meet all those requirement, you will definitely get visa.

Although, everything is subject to the discretion of consular Officer abroad but if you meet the requirement you always get visa.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
pinkcity said:
what are the chances that my family will get visitor visa??
Depends on your NOC job category,If you are O,A,B most probably because they are entitled to be with you anyway,C and D virtually nil