+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family visit visa

aatifmunir

Dec 31, 2023
I applied for a visit visa along with my brother age (43 & 49 respectively) together and I was the main applicant and sponsor through IRCC secure account. We got our visa stamped. Now we want to apply for our families. Can someone guide me how can apply for families ? Should I be using same IRCC secure account ? Who will be the main applicant ? If someone has details kindly share.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a visit visa along with my brother age (43 & 49 respectively) together and I was the main applicant and sponsor through IRCC secure account. We got our visa stamped. Now we want to apply for our families. Can someone guide me how can apply for families ? Should I be using same IRCC secure account ? Who will be the main applicant ? If someone has details kindly share.
So you can you use your account to apply for your spouse and children with your spouse as main applicant. Your brother’s family sets up own IRCC account. His spouse can be main applicant.

aatifmunir

Dec 31, 2023
Thanks. But when I applied for my brother along with me, I was the sponsor and both of us got our visa stamped. So now if my brother creates his own account and his wife will be the main applicant how can we show I am the main financial supporter ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. But when I applied for my brother along with me, I was the sponsor and both of us got our visa stamped. So now if my brother creates his own account and his wife will be the main applicant how can we show I am the main financial supporter ?
Show you bank accounts. You can try submitting under all one GCKey account and see what happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Likely a bulk approval from IRCC which is why your brother got approved by accident. Your brother needs to withdraw his application under your account and needs to apply on his own.

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hello
I am going to apply visitor visa for MIL who has valid USA visa for 10years, never been to Canada before. what are the chances to get the visa approved! Anybody has any idea if usa visa would help to convince the officer to get the canadian trv approval.
thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
I am going to apply visitor visa for MIL who has valid USA visa for 10years, never been to Canada before. what are the chances to get the visa approved! Anybody has any idea if usa visa would help to convince the officer to get the canadian trv approval.
thanks in advance
No one can tell you chances but if she has valid US visa and has visited the US and returned home, she has a higher chance than most people. Her application may be processed under CAN+ for people with valid US visas. Make sure her ties to return are strong (job with leave, income properties, pension she receives if only in country, business, children under 22).