+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family TRV Rejected

blehbleh

Jun 3, 2019
Reason:
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

My brother had invited me and my parents for his convocation ceremony. Visa got rejected for all 3 of us.

Applicants: 1) Me: 22, f, working at a contractual job since one year, (I had previously studied in UK for 2 months but still got the same travel history clause).

2) & 3) : My parents. My dad had travelled to hong kong once, really long time back. Mom with no travel history.

Documents submitted: invite letter from my brother, his proof of student status and part time work.
My employment proof: salary slips, bank statement (2254 CAD) office order, appointment letter.
Funds proof: Fathers current account: (25000 CAD), fathers letter on his business pad stating his intent of stay and purpose of visit (for all three of us), ITRs, (showed no proof of land)

Additional info: I had been planning to apply for PR as well.

I need some expert advise on how to apply again (what all documents) and what would be the right time to go ahead with my PR application. ( After reapplying for tourist visa/ or before).

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
1. I am assuming you are single and hence you do not have any family ties in your country of residence. The contractual job unfortunately is a not a strong tie. Do you have a stronger tie like a house/property in your name?

2. and 3. and 4. It's okay to not have history, I applied for my own mother, she didn't travel anywhere before yet got hers. The applicant has to have enough things that ties him/her to the country of residence. Like again, a house and/or property in applicant's name, a full time job(mostly govt.) or leaving family they'll return to.

Reason:
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

4) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

My brother had invited me and my parents for his convocation ceremony. Visa got rejected for all 3 of us.

Applicants: 1) Me: 22, f, working at a contractual job since one year, (I had previously studied in UK for 2 months but still got the same travel history clause).

2) & 3) : My parents. My dad had travelled to hong kong once, really long time back. Mom with no travel history.

Documents submitted: invite letter from my brother, his proof of student status and part time work.
My employment proof: salary slips, bank statement (2254 CAD) office order, appointment letter.
Funds proof: Fathers current account: (25000 CAD), fathers letter on his business pad stating his intent of stay and purpose of visit (for all three of us), ITRs, (showed no proof of land)

Additional info: I had been planning to apply for PR as well.

I need some expert advise on how to apply again (what all documents) and what would be the right time to go ahead with my PR application. ( After reapplying for tourist visa/ or before).

And If I were you, I would not apply TRV after my PR application is in process. As they, in most cases, will not give applicants a TRV, because in case their PR is rejected and they are already in Canada (6months TRV, just an example), they have higher chances of not returning to Canada as their ultimate goal is to live in Canada. I am not saying you would wanna do, but that's what has happened in past.

Last edited:

blehbleh

Jun 3, 2019
1. I am assuming you are single and hence you do not have any family ties in your country of residence. The contractual job unfortunately is a not a strong tie. Do you have a stronger tie like a house/property in your name?

2. and 3. and 4. It's okay to not have history, I applied for my own mother, she didn't travel anywhere before yet got hers. The applicant has to have enough things that ties him/her to the country of residence. Like again, a house and/or property in applicant's name, a full time job(mostly govt.) or leaving family they'll return to.

And If I were you, I would not apply TRV after my PR application is in process. As they, in most cases, will not give applicants a TRV, because in case their PR is rejected and they are already in Canada (6months TRV, just an example), they have higher chances of not returning to Canada as their ultimate goal is to live in Canada. I am not saying you would wanna do, but that's what has happened in past.

Thanks for your reply. Could you also help me understand why they were not satisfied with my travel history? Could it be a mistake ..where they didn't thoroughly evaluate my document, and sent all three of us the same refusal letter.

Edit: I do not have a land/house in my name.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Could you also help me understand why they were not satisfied with my travel history? Could it be a mistake ..where they didn't thoroughly evaluate my document, and sent all three of us the same refusal letter.

They do not believe you went to enough visa requiring countries as a tourist to show a trend of returning back to your home country. That would show you have been a genuine traveler in the past and followed rules. They do not mean you have bad travel history, just that you do not have enough.

Reactions: myra20sharma

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

I think Jets13 already answered the Travel History question. :)