+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family TRV - help required!!

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am a PR and want to invite my sister's family here for a month. I want to invite my sister (government employee), her husband (private employee) and their 2 year old daughter. Following are my questions:

1. Can I use single application for all of them?
2. Do you have a family member who is a PR in canada? Yes or No? Its written only spoUse, dependent children come under family. Please clarify on this.
3. If approved, since I used single application - do they have to travel together?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Yes
2. Your sister is not your immediate family. Only immediate family members. As an extended family member, Your sister needs authorization to travel while your brother-in-law and niece are not your extended family members so they can’t travel until restrictions are lifted.
3. Single application and they don’t need to travel together if all get visas. See 2 as only your sister is eligible to travel if she gets authorization to travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a PR and want to invite my sister's family here for a month. I want to invite my sister (government employee), her husband (private employee) and their 2 year old daughter. Following are my questions:

1. Can I use single application for all of them?
2. Do you have a family member who is a PR in canada? Yes or No? Its written only spoUse, dependent children come under family. Please clarify on this.
3. If approved, since I used single application - do they have to travel together?

Thanks in advance.
Don’t see unvaccinated being able to travel for some time. It is still unclear what the rules will be for tourists wanting to travel with unvaccinated children. currntly forvaccinated parents entering Canada for essential purposes the family must quarantine for 14 days away from non-travellers. This is not really the time to travel unless absolutely necessary. You will have to see closer to September whether borders will actually be relaxed and what will happen with unvaccinated children. There is a significant backlog of visitor applications for tourism so it may take months to see if they are approved or denied. Would not make any travel plans until you know if they are approved or denied a visa and if approved and qualify to enter Canada make sure any flight is fully refundable because restrictions can change quickly.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
1. Yes
2. Your sister is not your immediate family. Only immediate family members. As an extended family member, Your sister needs authorization to travel while your brother-in-law and niece are not your extended family members so they can’t travel until restrictions are lifted.
3. Single application and they don’t need to travel together if all get visas. See 2 as only your sister is eligible to travel if she gets authorization to travel.
Thank you so much for your reply. I don't want them to come now itself but I just want to apply for them so they can travel once all the restrictions are lifted.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Don’t see unvaccinated being able to travel for some time. It is still unclear what the rules will be for tourists wanting to travel with unvaccinated children. currntly forvaccinated parents entering Canada for essential purposes the family must quarantine for 14 days away from non-travellers. This is not really the time to travel unless absolutely necessary. You will have to see closer to September whether borders will actually be relaxed and what will happen with unvaccinated children. There is a significant backlog of visitor applications for tourism so it may take months to see if they are approved or denied. Would not make any travel plans until you know if they are approved or denied a visa and if approved and qualify to enter Canada make sure any flight is fully refundable because restrictions can change quickly.
Thank you so much

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
1. Yes
While filling the form there is a question :

1. Do you have a family member who is a canadian citizen or PR and is 18 years or older?

Since I am a PR and my sister is applying for TRV. Do I have to answer this Yes??

Please suggest. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
While filling the form there is a question :

1. Do you have a family member who is a canadian citizen or PR and is 18 years or older?

Since I am a PR and my sister is applying for TRV. Do I have to answer this Yes??

Please suggest. Thank you
I believe the answer is yes but I can’t remember if the instructions limit “family” to spouse and children only.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
I believe the answer is yes but I can’t remember if the instructions limit “family” to spouse and children only.
Hi thank you and yes when I click the "?" it said spouse, dependent children and their children. So I think the answer to this question would be "no".

Reactions: canuck78