+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship

Miloslam

Nov 25, 2020
Hi . I received my work permit 3 months ago , finished the biometric request 2 months ago, finished medical 1 month ago.
3 days after Medical it said medical result have been received.

Now latest the online account says -
1. Correspondence letter has been sent.
2. my sponsors account says decision made and in progress.

can someone explain what this means in spousal sponsorship application ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
That means your sponsor has been approved to sponsor you, the applicant.

And you are still at pretty early stage of this whole process. The whole process is estimated to take 12 months, and with COVID 19, the process may be delayed to have a even longer waiting.

The next step is for CIC to check your own application to make a decision on your application.

Miloslam

Nov 25, 2020
Hi . I Submitted it in January 2020. But everything started moving since September -
My work open permit,biometric, medical . All happened in a span of two months. All this is complete. Now I don’t know what’s next. Got the correspondence letter update yesterday.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi . I Submitted it in January 2020. But everything started moving since September -
My work open permit,biometric, medical . All happened in a span of two months. All this is complete. Now I don’t know what’s next. Got the correspondence letter update yesterday.
When did your sponsors ECAS change to DM and did they get a letter or just DM? Are you able to check what the correspondence is that they sent you is? Hopefully it’s AIP!

Miloslam

Nov 25, 2020
Hi it was updated on the online profile two days ago . Haven’t received any letter yet.
What is AIP?

Last edited:

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
AIP means approved in principal which basically means only a matter of time till you get PR. If you get a letter that says you’ve met the eligibility requirements it means you have been Approved in Principal.

Usually when ppl get SA they also get AIP at the same time.

I’m in a similar situation as you. ECAS changed to DM for sponsor on Nov 3. We didn’t get a letter for sponsor or a AIP for applicant. So we’ve just been waiting since then.

Please keep me updated on your progress. Hopefully we both get good news soon.

Miloslam

Nov 25, 2020
Hi
Well that seems like positive news.

However this was the message posted on ecas.

We sent you correspondence on November 24, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Well that seems like positive news.

However this was the message posted on ecas.

We sent you correspondence on November 24, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Biometrics and medical are the very beginning of the application. You likely have many months to go. You can order GCMS notes to see if your background applications have started.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Biometrics and medical are the very beginning of the application. You likely have many months to go. You can order GCMS notes to see if your background applications have started.
... OP submitted in January and ppl from Jan are already getting AIP & COPR even. How do you conclude that they likely have many months to go?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
... OP submitted in January and ppl from Jan are already getting AIP & COPR even. How do you conclude that they likely have many months to go?
In general biometrics and medical are in the initial months and are the fastest part of the process. Background checks usually take the longest. Those who have received COPR or are getting AIP may have done their biometrics and medical a long time ago.

Reactions: JohnCana123

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Oh Ok. I’m a December applicant. A lot of dec and Jan ppl did medicals/ biometrics in September and October and are now at the end stages /getting AIP. I think there’s less time in between bc of Covid.