+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Hi. I hope anyone can reply to my question.

My Aunt is willing to sponsor me. I plan to visit Canada in April and my aunt will submit all sponsorship documentation in March. Can I stay in Canada while waiting for the approval? I have a tourist visa and of the impression that I can stay there from April until 6 months after. Is this true? Will it jeopardise my chances of approval of I stay in Canada while waiting for my papers to be approved?

Appreciate your reply and honest assessment.

Thank you.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

My Aunt is willing to sponsor me. I plan to visit Canada in April and my aunt will submit all sponsorship documentation in March. Can I stay in Canada while waiting for the approval? I have a tourist visa and of the impression that I can stay there from April until 6 months after. Is this true? Will it jeopardise my chances of approval of I stay in Canada while waiting for my papers to be approved?

Thank you.
Not so clear . U have a TRV already? And your intention is to overstay here or be permanent?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Does your aunt have any family in Canada (husband, children, siblings) that are PRs or citizens? Are her parents/grand parents alive anywhere in the world?

6 months is the maximum you can stay. Your actual stay will be determined by CBSA at entry. It could be 6 months or 2 weeks depending on their determination at the POE.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Thank you.
What do you mean by "My Aunt is willing to sponsor me". Sponsor you for what? Is she even eligible to sponsor you?
Much more information about what is going on here is required to be able to offer any kind of meaningful response.

Reactions: monkeys89

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Not so clear . U have a TRV already? And your intention is to overstay here or be permanent?
I don’t have the TRV yet but planning to stay for a while as tourist while waiting for the approval of my aunts sponsorship application. I don’t intend to overstay.

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
Does your aunt have any family in Canada (husband, children, siblings) that are PRs or citizens? Are her parents/grand parents alive anywhere in the world?

6 months is the maximum you can stay. Your actual stay will be determined by CBSA at entry. It could be 6 months or 2 weeks depending on their determination at the POE.

Hi. Her family members are all citizens in Canada. Her parents are no longer alive.
Just wanted to ask whether I can stay in Canada while my papers are in process.

Thank you.

beibietoi

May 21, 2016
What do you mean by "My Aunt is willing to sponsor me". Sponsor you for what? Is she even eligible to sponsor you?
Much more information about what is going on here is required to be able to offer any kind of meaningful response.
Family sponsorship.
Will submit the papers in January/February. my intention is to go to Canada while my papers are in process and is asking whether is ot possible to stay in Canada while it is in process.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Family sponsorship.
Will submit the papers in January/February. my intention is to go to Canada while my papers are in process and is asking whether is ot possible to stay in Canada while it is in process.
There are very limited circumstances under which she could sponsor you. You say that all her family members are Canadian citizens.
I suspect that she may not actually be eligible to sponsor you...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Which of these two Options applies to the current situation? These are the ONLY ones that are available.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html

Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who you can sponsor.

Option 1: orphaned close relatives
You can sponsor close relatives only if they meet all conditions. This means they must be:

• orphaned
  • under 18
  • without a:
    • spouse
    • conjugal partner
    • common-law partner
  • related to you by blood or adoption, such as:
    • brothers or sisters
    • nephews or nieces
    • grandchildren
Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application.