Family Sponsorship

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
Hello Experts,

I am in a bit of restless situation and seeking some advice from you folks;
I am currently a Canadian citizen born in Afghanistan. I moved to Canada couple years ago and work as a full time manager for one of the biggest restaurant line in Canada. More than 3 years ago I applied for sponsoring my wife who is in Afghanistan presently. It's been almost 39 months my wife's application is still under review process in Islamabad VFS office. In middle of June 2016 I was requested for my marriage certificate and it's translation which I scanned and forwarded them on 10th of August. Since then I have been tracking my application and have not come across any update about them receiving my documents or moving forward with the applications, I tried emailing and calling them but had no response so far. I am now worried how much more time do I have wait before I see any progress in my application. It's getting close to 4 years and I haven't seen any actual progress in the application. I am willing to hire a lawyer to take upon the case if that helps in my application. Any advice is greatly appreciated !

John Mohibullah

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mohibulah said:
Hello Experts,

I am in a bit of restless situation and seeking some advice from you folks;
I am currently a Canadian citizen born in Afghanistan. I moved to Canada couple years ago and work as a full time manager for one of the biggest restaurant line in Canada. More than 3 years ago I applied for sponsoring my wife who is in Afghanistan presently. It's been almost 39 months my wife's application is still under review process in Islamabad VFS office. In middle of June 2016 I was requested for my marriage certificate and it's translation which I scanned and forwarded them on 10th of August. Since then I have been tracking my application and have not come across any update about them receiving my documents or moving forward with the applications, I tried emailing and calling them but had no response so far. I am now worried how much more time do I have wait before I see any progress in my application. It's getting close to 4 years and I haven't seen any actual progress in the application. I am willing to hire a lawyer to take upon the case if that helps in my application. Any advice is greatly appreciated !

John Mohibullah
Hi John,
I would request the GCMS notes for your case. Then you can see what has been happening with your case. You can do that here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . You will need to fill out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp (your wife has to do section A, you do section C. She can scan and email the pdf to you.

Given the amount of time, you also may want to give your MP a call to see if they can sort out what it's taken so long.

Best of luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mohibulah said:
Thanks brother what you mean mp you mean I should call police thanks look forward
Your MP can help track down what is taking so long, but order your PCCs..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mohibulah said:
Thanks brother what you mean mp you mean I should call police thanks look forward
MP is your member of parliament.

No - do not call the police. They have nothing to do with the process and can't help you.

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Hello

I am not sure if some came across this kind of situation. I have applied for my wife and child who resides in India and I m PR working full time. After a month completion I have received a letter from CIC o refund $415.00 NO reason mentioned

I will appreciate if people can share some view, originally i paid $1115.00 and refund of $415 doesn't make sense to me .

Please help

Thank you!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tariq11 said:
Hello

I am not sure if some came across this kind of situation. I have applied for my wife and child who resides in India and I m PR working full time. After a month completion I have received a letter from CIC o refund $415.00 NO reason mentioned

I will appreciate if people can share some view, originally i paid $1115.00 and refund of $415 doesn't make sense to me .

Please help

Thank you!!
please stop posting this question. answers have been provided in 2 other threads. you simply paid the fees wrong.