+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAMILY SPONSORSHIP

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
HI!

Please help me in filling out the payment form for sponsors of Parents and GrandParents (IMM5770). I have a problem in filling out the amount. My son is the sponsor. He's sponsoring me (his mother) as the principal applicant. I include my husband(his father) and his 13 year old brother as my dependent.

My question is- How much is the fee that I would input in the form.

Thank you again to anybody who can help me.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Ma. said:
HI!

Please help me in filling out the payment form for sponsors of Parents and GrandParents (IMM5770). I have a problem in filling out the amount. My son is the sponsor. He's sponsoring me (his mother) as the principal applicant. I include my husband(his father) and his 13 year old brother as my dependent.

My question is- How much is the fee that I would input in the form.

Thank you again to anybody who can help me.
$75-Sponsor $475-Principal Applicant $550-Family Member $150-Family Member under 19 yrs old
Don't forget you will need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your husband I believe. It is $490 each.
I have read that you can pay this later when it is requested by CIC, but most people pay it upfront.
Here is the link to the fee list:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

You would find your fees on #3 Applications to stay in Canada as a permanent resident / Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class – Fees
#4 has the Right of Permanent Residence Fee listed.

I hope this helps!

Kanes

Dec 19, 2015
hello: How much is the fee for both grandparents? and how to get the papers for january 4 at 8:00 am? what is the expedite way to do it? thanak you for your help.

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
TracyCa64 said:
$75-Sponsor $475-Principal Applicant $550-Family Member $150-Family Member under 19 yrs old
Don't forget you will need to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your husband I believe. It is $490 each.
I have read that you can pay this later when it is requested by CIC, but most people pay it upfront.
Here is the link to the fee list:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

You would find your fees on #3 Applications to stay in Canada as a permanent resident / Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class – Fees
#4 has the Right of Permanent Residence Fee listed.

thank you so much for the help

I hope this helps!

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Kanes said:
hello: How much is the fee for both grandparents? and how to get the papers for january 4 at 8:00 am? what is the expedite way to do it? thanak you for your help.
same question: please advise me as to what is the most reliable courier to send my documents and is it just right for me to send it on the 29th of december?

thank you so much.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - so how are you going to send the application? I am travelling and will be back in Canada on 30th. Please advise if you figure out anything- Thanks

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Ma. said:
same question: please advise me as to what is the most reliable courier to send my documents and is it just right for me to send it on the 29th of december?

thank you so much.
I used Canada Post and sent mine with them via Xpress Post. I had tracking and also I paid extra for a receipt signature. I don't have any experience with couriers, sorry.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TracyCa64 said:
I used Canada Post and sent mine with them via Xpress Post. I had tracking and also I paid extra for a receipt signature. I don't have any experience with couriers, sorry.
Some applicants are actually using local couriers (especially those outside ON). Like myself, I used courier toronto (hopefully it will be delivered before the cap is full). Using their service is expensive too but I have seen so many posts that big couriers does not 'care' so much about making sure applications are delivered on time. Let us just hope for the best. good luck.

You can check the link below for more tips about PGP sponsorship 2016:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
planningtogo said:
Some applicants are actually using local couriers (especially those outside ON). Like myself, I used courier toronto (hopefully it will be delivered before the cap is full). Using their service is expensive too but I have seen so many posts that big couriers does not 'care' so much about making sure applications are delivered on time. Let us just hope for the best. good luck.

You can check the link below for more tips about PGP sponsorship 2016:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html
Yeah, everyone needs to do what they feel more comfortable with. My package was not delivered on time by Canada Post and I actually requested a refund and received my $18 back. Canada Post is pretty reliable, but if you are not in Canada then a private courier might be a good option.