+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship - what evidence is required to prove you plan to live in Canada?

undisclosed

Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

Me and my partner both live outside of Canada, but my partner has a Canadian citizenship. We are looking at the family sponsorship option for immigration, however on the official site I saw the following statement: "if you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident."

Does anyone have any idea what kind of evidence would be required? Also, approx. how long is the process of the family sponsorship until I can obtain my permanent residence?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi everyone,

Me and my partner both live outside of Canada, but my partner has a Canadian citizenship. We are looking at the family sponsorship option for immigration, however on the official site I saw the following statement: "if you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident."

Does anyone have any idea what kind of evidence would be required? Also, approx. how long is the process of the family sponsorship until I can obtain my permanent residence?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
This may help: Proof of sponsors intent to return to Canada

Reactions: undisclosed