+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship PR Visa Inquiry

na71

Mar 27, 2018
Hi all, my family sposorship application got approved and they asked for passports for PR visa. The application was for my father (principal applicant), mother and brother (dependant). At the time of application all three were in Bangladesh. Now my mother and brother are here in Canada but father is in Bangladesh. My question is can I send my brother and mother's passport to CPC office here in Canada and father's passport to CPC Singapore (office for Bangladesh) or does all three passports need to be sent together since my father is the principal applicant?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, my family sposorship application got approved and they asked for passports for PR visa. The application was for my father (principal applicant), mother and brother (dependant). At the time of application all three were in Bangladesh. Now my mother and brother are here in Canada but father is in Bangladesh. My question is can I send my brother and mother's passport to CPC office here in Canada and father's passport to CPC Singapore (office for Bangladesh) or does all three passports need to be sent together since my father is the principal applicant?
You need to contact IRCC and explain that your mother and brother are in Canada. Unfortunately I don’t think they can process their applications at the moment based on other cases we’ve seen. In Canada you get virtual approval at the moment due to covid and there doesn’t seem to be a way to have both virtual and hard copy application. Assume you hadn’t updated the current residence for your mother and brother which is why you got the request in Bangladesh.