+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship on Category "other relative"

adelfa

May 19, 2014
27 November, 2017, I sent (by priority mail) a complete package APPLICATION FORM 5196. When do you think I can receive an update on the status of my application. I want to hear from the "EXPERTS" out there to give me an idea.

Thank you so much,
adelfa
(Toronto)

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
27 November, 2017, I sent (by priority mail) a complete package APPLICATION FORM 5196. When do you think I can receive an update on the status of my application. I want to hear from the "EXPERTS" out there to give me an idea.

Thank you so much,
adelfa
(Toronto)
I went to read your original post regarding sponsor your niece.
And unfortunately, you application will be refused, because your step mother is still ali've. Unless your step mother divorced or legally separated from you dad, before he passed away, otherwise, your step mother is considered as your family member. And it is irrelevant if she wants to be sponsored or not, you are not qualified as a lone Canadian.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
And unfortunately, you application will be refused, because your step mother is still ali've. Unless your step mother divorced or legally separated from you dad, before he passed away, otherwise, your step mother is considered as your family member. And it is irrelevant if she wants to be sponsored or not, you are not qualified as a lone Canadian.
I'm not sure if this is true. Step-parents, especially after death of biological parent, may not be seen as true parents or family members, so I think his app has a chance of success.

Reactions: scylla

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A step-parent cannot be sponsored.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you so much,
adelfa
(Toronto)
Probably in February.

adelfa

May 19, 2014
Probably in February.
Thank you, Scylla. You make my blood alive a tone of hope. A gentle response to Miracle: 'My step mother is already 88 yrs old and could hardly walk she is thoroughly under her doctor's supervision for her health and medicines with the cares of my siblings.. She is taken care of my younger siblings for her survival. She will not survive in Canada due to the weather esp. Winter. I thoroughly read the guide to fill in FORM 5196 which was recommended by an Officer from the CIC because I made a call narrating my situation and my family members esp. my step mother who is already very old . Thus, Form 5196 was given to me to fill in. The guide says: that "If I don't have anyone in Canada with me from my family members, I can sponsor any of my relative regardless of age and relationship." Hence, my CATEGORY IS "OTHER RELATIVE" because my niece is not under explicitly in the family which refers to: "My husband, my parents, my common law partner, my children below 18 years of age." Hence, the GUIDE SAYS: MY NIECE FALLS ON THE CATEGORY "OTHER RELATIVE" which the application form carries.

Thank you to all of you who take your time and effort to put forward your ideas regarding my concern.
adelfa