+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family sponsorship is take long time

tamoba

Feb 18, 2007
I have sponsored my wife and son 7 months ago, they are in Abu Dhabi U.A.E and I am in Canada - because my wife is living there with my son and it is difficult to live like that and she is working too. Is there in way embassy in Abu Dhabi can consider fast process for such cases?

LCS

May 5, 2005
You are no different than everyone else wishing they could get their family members here more quickly. We have been waiting for 20 months for JUST my husband. No kids or other family.

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
LCS, I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting to join your husband for over 20 months now. I sent my passport to the embassy (India, New Delhi) about 2 weeks ago upon their request and waiting for my Visa. I honestly hope that they are going to send back the passport with visa and not a refusal stamp.

Sometimes I wonder if there is a suggestions box or something like that where we can post our comments/suggestions etc to the high commission about the delays/updates/concerns. At work we do so much of automation all the time that I am sure something more can be do update the status more efficiently/frequently. Does anyone know if there is a suggestions box online?

Shara690106

Jun 18, 2008
Hi LCS,
Sorry about 20 months. Can I ask you where were you to apply the immigration? Did you receive the visa yet?

Thanks

LCS

May 5, 2005
Mridula R said:
LCS, I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting to join your husband for over 20 months now. I sent my passport to the embassy (India, New Delhi) about 2 weeks ago upon their request and waiting for my Visa. I honestly hope that they are going to send back the passport with visa and not a refusal stamp.

Sometimes I wonder if there is a suggestions box or something like that where we can post our comments/suggestions etc to the high commission about the delays/updates/concerns. At work we do so much of automation all the time that I am sure something more can be do update the status more efficiently/frequently. Does anyone know if there is a suggestions box online?
Mridula,
Can you imagine if there was a suggestions box online? It would be filled with hundreds of thousands of complaints from us all telling them how bad their system is. It is on purpose that they stay nameless, faceless and anonymous in the whole process. If and when my husband is here, I will be writing to the immigration minister outlining all the needless delays and inefficiencies in my Family case, meanwhile Temporary Foreign Workers are continually in the news about how the system can get them here quicker than ever before. What a fouled up system.

LCS

May 5, 2005
Shara690106 said:
Hi LCS,
Sorry about 20 months. Can I ask you where were you to apply the immigration? Did you receive the visa yet?

Thanks
Shara,
It's now coming up on 21 months on June 26. Our case went to Mississauga for sponsorship approval and then to Lima Peru. STILL no visa, and almost 3 months since passport was dropped off to start "final evaluation", which is taking as long as the entire process for some other people to start and complete their whole PR application.