+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship for TRV

jamalakram

Jan 27, 2018
Hello!
Hope you all are doing well.
I've been living in Toronto on a work permit for 6 months and would like to bring my wife & daughter from Pakistan.
I visited http://cic.gc.ca/ and i couldn't find anything about Family TRV, all i found was Visit Visa for family. After taking the eligibility questionnaire, i am told to fill up 5257E & 5645E in addition to invitation letter, consent letter for my daughter to travel with my wife, and a proof of my wife's ties in Pakistan that she will go back and will not stay beyond her visa in Canada.
But 2 of my colleagues, who got their family visa processed with a lawyer representative, told me that they didn't write or sign any consent, invitation letter, and didn't have to give any proof of their wife's ties to home Country. So my question here is that am i on wrong track here or all of this is required.

If all of this is required, then how do i proof my wife's ties to Pakistan as she is a housewife. She doesn't have a job/business. Neither she is a student nor my daughter.

Any ideas/guidance will be much Appreciated.

Thank you!
Jamal Akram

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've been living in Toronto on a work permit for 6 months and would like to bring my wife & daughter from Pakistan.
I visited http://cic.gc.ca/ and i couldn't find anything about Family TRV, all i found was Visit Visa for family.
There's no Family TRV. Also, a host cannot sponsor someone for a TRV. S/he can only invite the applicant(s).

After taking the eligibility questionnaire, i am told to fill up 5257E & 5645E in addition to invitation letter, consent letter for my daughter to travel with my wife, and a proof of my wife's ties in Pakistan that she will go back and will not stay beyond her visa in Canada.
That's absolutely right.

But 2 of my colleagues, who got their family visa processed with a lawyer representative, told me that they didn't write or sign any consent, invitation letter, and didn't have to give any proof of their wife's ties to home Country. So my question here is that am i on wrong track here or all of this is required.
Your friends are not being truthful and they misguiding you if they claim their wives/children did not require consent letters to take a child/children out of Pakistan + if their wives/children did not demonstrate any strong ties to Pakistan.

Also, if they appointed their lawyer as their representative, your friends were required to sign the 'Use of Representative' form authorizing IRCC to send all communication directly to their lawyer/representative.

I would go through this forum and the IRCC website. And, I would not seek any visa-related advice from these friends or from any lawyer whom they recommend that you should contact.

If all of this is required, then how do i proof my wife's ties to Pakistan as she is a housewife. She doesn't have a job/business. Neither she is a student nor my daughter.
1. Does your wife own any property/land? Or have a lease agreement in her name?

2. Has she traveled abroad to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc?

3. How old is your daughter? What does she do?

4. Does your wife/daughter live with any dependent family members?

5. Does your wife depend on someone for finances?

6. Can your wife prove she must return to Pakistan for some reason by a specific date?

jamalakram

Jan 27, 2018
Thank you so much for your response Bryanna. Please see the answers to your questions.

Ans: She doesn't.

2. Has she traveled abroad to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc?
Ans: Nope,Never been abroad.

Ans: My daughter is 22 months old.

Ans: If you mean Family Members dependent on me, then yes. She lives with me Parents. She doesn't have any one depending on her.

Ans: She depends on me Only!

6. Can your wife prove she must return to Pakistan for some reason by a specific date?
Ans: Nope, as she don't have any business,studies, nothing.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your response Bryanna. Please see the answers to your questions.

Ans: She doesn't.

Ans: Nope,Never been abroad.

Ans: My daughter is 22 months old.

Ans: If you mean Family Members dependent on me, then yes. She lives with me Parents. She doesn't have any one depending on her.

Ans: She depends on me Only!

Ans: Nope, as she don't have any business,studies, nothing.
Unfortunately, your wife has almost zero ties to return to Pakistan + no finances of her own + no previous travel history. This would make it extremely challenging for her to be approved for a TRV.

Some suggestions:
1. She could apply for a TRV alone first. If she is successful, you can apply later for your daughter.

As a mother of a young child. she would find it extremely difficult/ unthinkable to apply alone first. However, from a TRV perspective, this strategy would improve her chances of getting an approval because your daughter will be the family tie she must return to.

If she agrees to this suggestion, she could include a letter of financial support from your dad/your parents + their bank statements (instead of indicating total financial dependence on you).

2. Does your wife take care of your parent's well-being? Do your parents have any medical condition (hopefully not) which requires your wife to care for them?

3. At what age would you need to enroll your daughter for pre-school?

4. Can your wife prove that she must return to Pakistan for any personal commitments? For example, a wedding in the immediate family or something similar?