+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship application - fee returned

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hey everyone.

I applied for family sponsorship for my twins (born last year) under dependent child in December 2020. I got the acknowledgement email on 6th and 10th Feb for application that were sent together.

Yesterday I got an email from Centralized-Intake-Office stating that a fee refund of $85 has been initiated for me only for one of the applications. They have not mentioned any reason or which fee is being refunded. I also noticed that both applications were showing under my CIC account earlier but now they are gone. I have tried to look at the status of the applications before too but could never search them before too.

Does any one have the same situation or know anything about this. I will be calling them on Monday but want to be prepared beforehand.

Any help / direction is highly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone.

I applied for family sponsorship for my twins (born last year) under dependent child in December 2020. I got the acknowledgement email on 6th and 10th Feb for application that were sent together.

Yesterday I got an email from Centralized-Intake-Office stating that a fee refund of $85 has been initiated for me only for one of the applications. They have not mentioned any reason or which fee is being refunded. I also noticed that both applications were showing under my CIC account earlier but now they are gone. I have tried to look at the status of the applications before too but could never search them before too.

Does any one have the same situation or know anything about this. I will be calling them on Monday but want to be prepared beforehand.

Any help / direction is highly appreciated.
Seems like biometric fees. Biometrics not taken for children under 14.

Although the 85 is for one person, do you recall what you paid?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Seems like biometric fees. Biometrics not taken for children under 14.

Although the 85 is for one person, do you recall what you paid?
I paid a joint amount of $235 per application. I had separate application for both children. I Do not remember the breakup as to what amount was paid for which portion.

I do remember though I did choose the option to pay the Biometric fee in advance.