+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsors- Missing Info Question IMM 5406

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I received the same letter. My case is I sponsor my parents, mother is PA. I have a sister is adult and financial indpependent. I guess the question is : do I need put
1. My name as sponsor in section B?
2. My sister’s name in Section B?
3. Mom and dad both need fill the forms, no need from me or sister?
They need Complete info, if we leave the section B blank because none of me and sister are Dependants will that be okay?
This form is so confusing. Anyone she some lights please.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I received the same letter. My case is I sponsor my parents, mother is PA. I have a sister is adult and financial indpependent. I guess the question is : do I need put
1. My name as sponsor in section B?
2. My sister’s name in Section B?
3. Mom and dad both need fill the forms, no need from me or sister?
They need Complete info, if we leave the section B blank because none of me and sister are Dependants will that be okay?
This form is so confusing. Anyone she some lights please.
Sorry. Didn't have time to check the forms.
BUT if you are talking about form IMM 5406, both your name and your sister's name should be in the children section of your mother and your father's IMM 5406.

If you are talking about IMM 0008, then neither of you or your sister should be on that form as dependent.

Reactions: jessiezhai

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Sorry. Didn't have time to check the forms.
BUT if you are talking about form IMM 5406, both your name and your sister's name should be in the children section of your mother and your father's IMM 5406.

If you are talking about IMM 0008, then neither of you or your sister should be on that form as dependent.
Thank you for the answer. It’s only for 5406 form.

Reactions: YVR123
Dec 9, 2022
Hi ircc returned spousal request as dependents not listed in imm 5406 but my children are there.
I am the applicant living outside of Canada. My husband is the sponsor living outside canada and we have 2 kids (aged 5 and 3) both citizens.
Any thoughts why they are saying that dependents are not in the online form when info is there?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi ircc returned spousal request as dependents not listed in imm 5406 but my children are there.
I am the applicant living outside of Canada. My husband is the sponsor living outside canada and we have 2 kids (aged 5 and 3) both citizens.
Any thoughts why they are saying that dependents are not in the online form when info is there?
Were your children listed on the IMM0008?

Dec 9, 2022
Do either of you have any children that were left out? Previous marriages?

Last though I have.
Hi none as well…really thinking it could returned wrongly. Will try to resubmit and just write a letter stating that all family going with me if ever PR is approved are all citizens just to be clear. Really frustrating since if I resubmit it will be another queue…started this one jan 2022, returned after 6 mos, resubmitted in June 2022 and returned again. So it will be another 5-6 months just to know if this will not be returned again….

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi none as well…really thinking it could returned wrongly. Will try to resubmit and just write a letter stating that all family going with me if ever PR is approved are all citizens just to be clear. Really frustrating since if I resubmit it will be another queue…started this one jan 2022, returned after 6 mos, resubmitted in June 2022 and returned again. So it will be another 5-6 months just to know if this will not be returned again….
Well the children if they are Cdn citizens should NOT have been included on the IMM0008* (citizens cannot be sponsored to become PRs) - I'd remove them from that, include on the other form, and resubmit with a letter of explanation.

That's the only thing I can think of. There have been a fair number of confusing mistakes by IRCC on this, requiring children to be included, sending citizens medical examination instructions, and yes, some sent back for unclear reasons.

*I understand the instructions for the online application on this are confusing, but this is what was done with the offline forms (still available).

Dec 9, 2022
Well the children if they are Cdn citizens should NOT have been included on the IMM0008* (citizens cannot be sponsored to become PRs) - I'd remove them from that, include on the other form, and resubmit with a letter of explanation.

That's the only thing I can think of. There have been a fair number of confusing mistakes by IRCC on this, requiring children to be included, sending citizens medical examination instructions, and yes, some sent back for unclear reasons.

*I understand the instructions for the online application on this are confusing, but this is what was done with the offline forms (still available).
Hi thanks, you think that’s better thank the other option where I keep them in IMM0008 (checked again and no clear instructions here if need to exclude CDN citizens family members) and in IMM 5406 and provide a letter of explanation?

because in the returned application, everything is tagged complete except IMM 5406 so was thinking to just address the IMM 5406

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi thanks, you think that’s better thank the other option where I keep them in IMM0008 (checked again and no clear instructions here if need to exclude CDN citizens family members) and in IMM 5406 and provide a letter of explanation?

because in the returned application, everything is tagged complete except IMM 5406 so was thinking to just address the IMM 5406
I wish I could say. I said what I think makes sense. The PDF IMM0008 form says in the part for dependents: "You must include [spouse and dependent children] who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

The bolding is mine. But clear from this: dependent children-citizens should NOT be included here.

I have heard the online forms say the opposite. I dont know.

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Can you tell me how to sign 1344 form..
when i am validating the form it doesnt allow and prompted to fill in Applicant and sponsor signature.
Also,
IMM 5768 E CO signer statement of Consent. I dont have a co signer.. what should do yes and provide SIN and signature ?
Becasue if ticket No.. the instruction is to fill another form 5748.. but i again why would i do i dont have co signer.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Can you tell me how to sign 1344 form..
when i am validating the form it doesnt allow and prompted to fill in Applicant and sponsor signature.
Also,
IMM 5768 E CO signer statement of Consent. I dont have a co signer.. what should do yes and provide SIN and signature ?
Becasue if ticket No.. the instruction is to fill another form 5748.. but i again why would i do i dont have co signer.
1344 form
If you apply online:
  • Do not print the 2D barcode form.
  • Do not use the “signature panel” button at the top of the application.
  • Save the form on your computer in a place you’ll remember.
  • Upload the form to your account.
  • After you upload all the forms for your application, click the “Next” button that appeared below your uploaded documents.
  • Enter your name and answer a security question
IMM 5768

you dont have a co signer ...then simply skip it ...

Reactions: legend_2020

Alex_22

Dec 18, 2022
Hello everyone. I’ve received an email from IRCC for IMM 5406 too, saying IMM 5406 form is missing or incomplete but as far I see, we filled in all the information. I’m sponsoring my mother and my father is deceased, so we did not fill in IMM 5406 for him (but we mentioned in my mother’s IMM 5406 that her husband is deceased and attached his death certificate). Maybe my question seems a bit silly but should we fill in IMM 5406 for my deceased father too? Thank you!

Last edited: