+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family reunion

tjsk

Sep 4, 2012
I was issued pr status in june2007 under skilled worker category including my spouse and kids. i stayed Canada for 37 days and returned to my country with two kids and my spouse remain at Canada for 8 months and after that my spouse also returned home.again my spouse and two kids went to Canada in June 2010 and still they are there spouse is doing job.and kids are getting education. they have maintain their residency obligations and renewed their pr but i could not maintain my obligation due to my mothers health issue as i am the only son and she is widow there is no one other than me to look after her.i again went to Canada in April 2012 and stayed there two months and come back.
now my circumstances favors me to travel permanently.
Is it possible for me to join my family as my card has been expired?
can my spouse sponsor me on family class??

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
08/23/2012, In Process 11/5/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Wanna go to Toronto as soon as possible
tjsk said:
I was issued pr status in june2007 under skilled worker category including my spouse and kids. i stayed Canada for 37 days and returned to my country with two kids and my spouse remain at Canada for 8 months and after that my spouse also returned home.again my spouse and two kids went to Canada in June 2010 and still they are there spouse is doing job.and kids are getting education. they have maintain their residency obligations and renewed their pr but i could not maintain my obligation due to my mothers health issue as i am the only son and she is widow there is no one other than me to look after her.i again went to Canada in April 2012 and stayed there two months and come back.
now my circumstances favors me to travel permanently.
Is it possible for me to join my family as my card has been expired?
can my spouse sponsor me on family class??
Yes definitely your spouse can sponsor you. You need to follow the complete Spouse immigration..
All d best :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You need to check with the visa office in your country. Even if your PR card is expired, you may still qualify for a travel permit, or if you don't you will be advised that you have not met your PR residency obligation and you may choose to go through the report and appeal process or you can surrender your PR status.

It may be that because your family is in Canada and you returned home to care for your ill parent, a judge may find that there are sufficient humanitarian and compassionate reasons to allow you to keep your PR status. Or, they might not. It depends on whether you appeal, and what documents you present to support your appeal.

If you choose to simply surrender your status and have your spouse sponsor you, be advised that your second application will not be given any special priority just because you had PR before. In fact, since you did not make use of it before, they could take the view that you treated your PR as an expedited visitor's visa.

tjsk

Sep 4, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
You need to check with the visa office in your country. Even if your PR card is expired, you may still qualify for a travel permit, or if you don't you will be advised that you have not met your PR residency obligation and you may choose to go through the report and appeal process or you can surrender your PR status.

It may be that because your family is in Canada and you returned home to care for your ill parent, a judge may find that there are sufficient humanitarian and compassionate reasons to allow you to keep your PR status. Or, they might not. It depends on whether you appeal, and what documents you present to support your appeal.

If you choose to simply surrender your status and have your spouse sponsor you, be advised that your second application will not be given any special priority just because you had PR before. In fact, since you did not make use of it before, they could take the view that you treated your PR as an expedited visitor's visa.

so what should i do first ?? should i surrender my document first and after that apply for spousal category
or surrender documents with the spousal application??

tjsk

Sep 4, 2012
so what should i do first ?? should i surrender my document first and after that apply for spousal category
or surrender documents with the spousal application??
[/quote]

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You should check with the visa office in your country first.