+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family moving to Winnipeg this summer after nomination from MPNP

dimmis

Mar 19, 2014
After spending hours of reading various posts in this forum, i thought that i should post my case. All help is appreciated and i 'm thanking you in advance.

My wife has been nominated by Manitoba PNP and we have now continued with the next step, applying to CIC for PR. We are preparing to leave our country and go to Winnipeg, mid July 2014, all four of us (two kids, 12 and 17yrs old).
Since my wife is nominated she has to be the one to land a first job (which is almost waiting for her upon arrival) and then i get an open work permit.
Of course the next step is to search for a rental since we have only managed to secure a temporary place to settle for a few weeks.
My older daughter has been accepted to the university of Winnipeg, so she can continue her studies.
In the meantime our CIC application will be "running" with a possible outcome in 18-22 month as it is in expedited processing because of the PNP nomination (at least that is what is being stated in the CIC website).
When time comes they will ask for medical examination, which i suppose we will undergo in Winnipeg since we will have change our address for our current country to a Winnipeg one.
My wife (46 yrs old) is HBsAG (HepB) carrier since birth but all her yearly tests are normal. Will that be a problem?
Do we have to do anything before arriving to Canada for the first time?
I read the posts regarding this matter but they were not so clear and i thought that maybe there is something more recent from people posting in this forum.

Thank you again for your help.
Any other info that you think it will be useful for our adventure is very welcome!!

dimmis

Mar 19, 2014
From Greece, and i got interviewed from MPNP officials in an exploratory visit they did in my country last year. Then i was notified that i was accepted to apply for the MPNP program and just before the end of Dec 2013 i got my nomination letter. After that i had to apply for the PR to the CIC and mail them the envelope together with my nomination letter and a special sticker attached outside the envelope.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
dimmis said:
After spending hours of reading various posts in this forum, i thought that i should post my case. All help is appreciated and i 'm thanking you in advance.

My wife has been nominated by Manitoba PNP and we have now continued with the next step, applying to CIC for PR. We are preparing to leave our country and go to Winnipeg, mid July 2014, all four of us (two kids, 12 and 17yrs old).
Since my wife is nominated she has to be the one to land a first job (which is almost waiting for her upon arrival) and then i get an open work permit.
Of course the next step is to search for a rental since we have only managed to secure a temporary place to settle for a few weeks.
My older daughter has been accepted to the university of Winnipeg, so she can continue her studies.
In the meantime our CIC application will be "running" with a possible outcome in 18-22 month as it is in expedited processing because of the PNP nomination (at least that is what is being stated in the CIC website).
When time comes they will ask for medical examination, which i suppose we will undergo in Winnipeg since we will have change our address for our current country to a Winnipeg one.
My wife (46 yrs old) is HBsAG (HepB) carrier since birth but all her yearly tests are normal. Will that be a problem?
Do we have to do anything before arriving to Canada for the first time?
I read the posts regarding this matter but they were not so clear and i thought that maybe there is something more recent from people posting in this forum.

Thank you again for your help.
Any other info that you think it will be useful for our adventure is very welcome!!
Hello Dimmis, congratulations on the nomination. When you enter your airport as a nominee of a certain province, the Immigration officer will examine you, check what is your final destination and then give you your permits. As far as rentals are concerned every province is different. I strongly recommend you to start looking online for good apartments in good locations. Check Google map and see where Downtown is, Wallmart, Sobeys, Dominion and other essential services. If you have the money then I advise that you buy a car as you will be moving along with your family. Once you are done with acquiring your permit, in your case when your wife has the required permit to start working (That would be during her landing), the first thing she should do is go to Services Canada and get a SIN, which will enable her to work. The next step would be to get your health cards.

If you have already been nominated then you should start assembling all your papers and get ready to file for your PR. I doubt it will take more than 11 months for the processing of your application. Mostly all Inland applicants get their PR by 8-12 months.

Cheers!

sani.

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 spetember 2011
Doc's Request.
additiona documents sent2 times (16 feb 2013 & 13 March 2014)
Nomination.....
20 april 2012
AOR Received.
25 april 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with app and 2nd time 16 feb 2013
File Transfer...
07 june 2012 Ecas showed Application received and now Ecas showed In Process since 6 Feb 2014. And also paid RPRF on 13 march 2014
Med's Request
02 july 2014
Med's Done....
21 july 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08 Aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
very soon
hi everyone,
I have applied for MPNP(economic class) since August 2011. I m from Pakistan and Visa office is London.

Application filed: 25th Aug 2011
Confirmation of receiving: 5th Sep 2011
Got AOR : 20th April 2012
Apllication filed In CIC : 5th june 2012
Online Status on 6th June 2012 : Application Received
Interview with my relative in canada : 28th August 2012
Additional documents and updated ielts required : 24th Dec 2012
All documents sent : 17th Feb 2013
Got married : 4th Jan 2014 (informed about my status and want to accompany my husband in application who lived in Spain)
Additional documents of mine after changes due to my marriage and my spouse documents as well : 21st Jan 2014
RPRF of mine and my spouse : 21st jan 2014
Online Status on 6th Feb 2014 : (In Process)
RPRF and documents submitted: 13th March 2014

Anyone get Medical Request? How much time does it more require? Anyone who has same timeline and waiting like me?