AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Hi! Me and my boyfriend are about to start common-law PR application. We found an information in guide, that we don't really understand. It says ". All family members, whether or accompanying or not, will have to complete a medical examination." Does it mean my parents and brother have to take a medical exam? They are not planning to come to Canada. Do they have to take it in my origin country and what are the forms and costs? Besides, I'm worried, because i don't have contact with my father due to some family issues. I would be thankful for any explanation.. Thanks a lot!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
meiko3886 said:
Hi! Me and my boyfriend are about to start common-law PR application. We found an information in guide, that we don't really understand. It says ". All family members, whether or accompanying or not, will have to complete a medical examination." Does it mean my parents and brother have to take a medical exam? They are not planning to come to Canada. Do they have to take it in my origin country and what are the forms and costs? Besides, I'm worried, because i don't have contact with my father due to some family issues. I would be thankful for any explanation.. Thanks a lot!
No, you just need to list family members, no need for them to do medicals. The only ones that need medicals are the applicant and any dependents (children) of his.

Hopefully you have lots of evidence to prove 12 continuous months of cohabitation for common-law.

meiko3886

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Thank you for answer! me and my bf are 5 years together and live together for 1 year and 8 months, so i hope we wont get rejected. We are about to start to gather all supporting documents (reading this forum to find out what we need). First 6 months we were living with my bf's mom and sister and it was his mom who paid for rent. Do we need to ask her to write letter that will prove it? Or just attach letters that show we were sharing the same address? For the rest of time (1 year 2 months) we were living alone and got proofs. I was also wondering if my high education (pharmacy master, graduated in Poland) gives me more chances of becoming PR by common law. We dont have shared account yet.. We will make it asap. Is it ok? or we supposed to have it for 12 months already?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
meiko3886 said:
Thank you for answer! me and my bf are 5 years together and live together for 1 year and 8 months, so i hope we wont get rejected. We are about to start to gather all supporting documents (reading this forum to find out what we need). First 6 months we were living with my bf's mom and sister and it was his mom who paid for rent. Do we need to ask her to write letter that will prove it? Or just attach letters that show we were sharing the same address? For the rest of time (1 year 2 months) we were living alone and got proofs. I was also wondering if my high education (pharmacy master, graduated in Poland) gives me more chances of becoming PR by common law. We dont have shared account yet.. We will make it asap. Is it ok? or we supposed to have it for 12 months already?
Get his mother and sister to provide a statement that you guys lived with them, and how you guys met and what not. And also attach some letters that were sent to that address with both your names on (can be separate) your graduation won't have anything to do with your spousal immigration to Canada, that's about proving you guys are living together as a couple and have done so for 12 months at least. Definitely would recommend you guys to get a joint bank account as well! Good luck.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Line.a said:
Get his mother and sister to provide a statement that you guys lived with them, and how you guys met and what not. And also attach some letters that were sent to that address with both your names on (can be separate) your graduation won't have anything to do with your spousal immigration to Canada, that's about proving you guys are living together as a couple and have done so for 12 months at least. Definitely would recommend you guys to get a joint bank account as well! Good luck.
On top of proof of cohabitation we sent in life insurance policies and benefit policies naming each other as beneficiaries, and photos with friends and family during holidays and other outings and events, and yada yada communications from day 1, and time together we showed iMessages and phone bills highlighting 2-3 calls a day.

The only thing I am still worried about is that we only had a joint savings account together, and it had like $5 in it. Lol. I explained the purpose was to start saving together, but hasnt started yet. We have NOT had joint credit cards, or checking accounts etc, and we CLEARLY wrote a few times throughout the application that we never combined our accounts in that way as my status in Canada has always been temporary and it wouldn't have been very wise, but the intent is to combine our finances if and when I become a permanent resident. If they have a problem with that, I don't know what to do.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Graihn said:
On top of proof of cohabitation we sent in life insurance policies and benefit policies naming each other as beneficiaries, and photos with friends and family during holidays and other outings and events, and yada yada communications from day 1, and time together we showed iMessages and phone bills highlighting 2-3 calls a day.

The only thing I am still worried about is that we only had a joint savings account together, and it had like $5 in it. Lol. I explained the purpose was to start saving together, but hasnt started yet. We have NOT had joint credit cards, or checking accounts etc, and we CLEARLY wrote a few times throughout the application that we never combined our accounts in that way as my status in Canada has always been temporary and it wouldn't have been very wise, but the intent is to combine our finances if and when I become a permanent resident. If they have a problem with that, I don't know what to do.
I think you should be fine. We only sent in proof that I was joint to my partners account, him not being joint to mine, and we still got accepted. As long as you send in a mix of good proof, which sounds like you got, you should be all good.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Line.a said:
I think you should be fine. We only sent in proof that I was joint to my partners account, him not being joint to mine, and we still got accepted. As long as you send in a mix of good proof, which sounds like you got, you should be all good.
Unless they request a statutory declaration of common law union, in which case we can tick one or two boxes. Just heard that they sometimes request it

meiko3886

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Line.a said:
Thanks for all answers!
1.Should the statement his mom and sis will write be certified? Or can it be just normal "letter"?
2."evidence of shared purchases (especially of household items)"- what can it be, Coscto card? :)
3.Do we need to print out all the pictures, emails or screens from computer..coz i see they dont accept CDs.
4.We both registered for gym and paid for it from one account - good idea to attach it?