+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family member proof of status

jaylee172

Feb 17, 2021
For my daughter's supporting document section, there is "family member proof of status."

Document: Family Member Proof of Status
You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.

She was born last month and received Canadian citizen, but she only has birth certificate that can prove she is Canadian citizen, which does not include in status document option.

I wonder "birth certificate" would be okay.

Thank you

Tileyy

Nov 19, 2022
In the proof of family status . My common law partners is Canadian so he is unaccompnaying and I am not getting any points from him. They are asking for family members proof of status, does this mean his brothers and parents?

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
For my daughter's supporting document section, there is "family member proof of status."

Document: Family Member Proof of Status
You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.

She was born last month and received Canadian citizen, but she only has birth certificate that can prove she is Canadian citizen, which does not include in status document option.

I wonder "birth certificate" would be okay.

Thank you
Hi @jaylee172,
Was the birth certificate ok in your case? I am facing the same and want to know how did you proceed, thanks