+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Member proof of status vs Proof of PR/Citizenship of Sibling.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
When I say *other sibling documents* , I dont literally mean your other siblings you have - they are irrelevant for proof of relationship. I was talking other things such as proof of residence and proof of relationship etc. Its just that they ask for 3 types of proof for the sibling so I'm just saying you should ensure you upload it in the correct section on the application
Yes, indeed I did. For those 3 I uploaded my and my sister's birth certificates and also our father's family booklet with further details to prove my relationship with her, and I uploaded her Citizenship and passport in the proof of citizenship slot. For proof of residency, I have her T4 2019 and her credit card last month's statement ( the utility bills are in her husband's name and they own the house, so no lease contract) ..should I ask also for her driving license or this is enough?

Thank you so much for your support

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I have one Canadian sibling here in Canada and my son with me in my PR application, my other siblings are back home they do not have status in Canada. So am I good to go this way?
Your good to go. Only Canadian sibling needs to be included.

Reactions: Ramor02

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Yes, indeed I did. For those 3 I uploaded my and my sister's birth certificates and also our father's family booklet with further details to prove my relationship with her, and I uploaded her Citizenship and passport in the proof of citizenship slot. For proof of residency, I have her T4 2019 and her credit card last month's statement ( the utility bills are in her husband's name and they own the house, so no lease contract) ..should I ask also for her driving license or this is enough?

Thank you so much for your support
That's good enough.

Reactions: Ramor02

theprairieboy

Apr 22, 2020
I have a follow up question, my sister, who is a permanent resident recently lost her card but already submitted a replacement. When I submitted my application, I scanned the expired card with the receipt as a proof of application for replacement and explained in my LOE. Do you guys think it's okay? I will submit her PR card as soon as a new one is issued. Thank you!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
That's good enough.
Hi there,
I am in the last step to submit my application. I wanted to make sure about something
when I upload documents int the (?) where it gives the instructions on how to upload it, it says also the following

You should view the document that you have attached in your document checklist to ensure that it is the correct document and that it is viewable.

Is this done also after uploading it from the checklist? is so, there is no active link to view it from the checklist, the only thing I can do is to view it before uploading it.

When I return to the checklist, it shows as uploaded and green but it is not an active link to view it from there.

Let me know what this means, please.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I have a follow up question, my sister, who is a permanent resident recently lost her card but already submitted a replacement. When I submitted my application, I scanned the expired card with the receipt as a proof of application for replacement and explained in my LOE. Do you guys think it's okay? I will submit her PR card as soon as a new one is issued. Thank you!
Hey, I have a minor problem and I need your advice.
I have already submitted my e-APR, and I am preparing to apply for BOWP before my work permit expires. I just noticed the following.

I submitted my application with two years of work experience which is covered by three jobs (27+months of full-time jobs).
2017 October-2018 Jan
2018-Feb-2019-April
2019 May-2020 March (this was mistakenly written 2018 May in my profile)

This does not affect my score at all even if they take out the whole year, my score is 493. I sent a message through the web form explaining this typo to clear my situation from being misrepresenting myself. Also, in the activity records in my profile, it was written correctly matches the reference letters I have submitted.
I am worried .. Will this cause me trouble?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hey, I have a minor problem and I need your advice.
I have already submitted my e-APR, and I am preparing to apply for BOWP before my work permit expires. I just noticed the following.

I submitted my application with two years of work experience which is covered by three jobs (27+months of full-time jobs).
2017 October-2018 Jan
2018-Feb-2019-April
2019 May-2020 March (this was mistakenly written 2018 May in my profile)

This does not affect my score at all even if they take out the whole year, my score is 493. I sent a message through the web form explaining this typo to clear my situation from being misrepresenting myself. Also, in the activity records in my profile, it was written correctly matches the reference letters I have submitted.
I am worried .. Will this cause me trouble?
An update. I sent a CSI and uploaded a letter of explanation to correct this honest mistake which does not affect my score. It is better and faster than canceling the whole application for this mistake that does not affect the score and it is mentioned in other formes correctly (personal activities) which proves that is was unintentional.
If anyone has been through the same or a similar mistake please update me.
Thanks

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
That's good enough.
I have a question about BOWP, I am applying for this and extending my son's Study permit in the questionnaire I wondered about the question ( are you accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada? If I say yes or no. We live in Canada already, and he is my dependent ... this is the explanation when I checked the (?)
Accompanying a family member means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada as a visitor, worker or student.

Accompanying family member: A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or grandchild of someone who is still dependent on their parent, who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application.

Anyone can help me to better understand this please.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Need guidance regarding proof of residency in Canada for my sister. I am claiming points for sibling. She is a house wife and doesn’t have utilities bills and bank account details on her name. She has health card and driver license. Can I attach these two in proof of residency?
Her driving license shows address of her house.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Need guidance regarding proof of residency in Canada for my sister. I am claiming points for sibling. She is a house wife and doesn’t have utilities bills and bank account details on her name. She has health card and driver license. Can I attach these two in proof of residency?
Her driving license shows address of her house.
Need evidence that she lives in Canada. Health card and driver’s license don’t prove it. You can try but may be rejected. Are they recent documents received within last 6 months? So she has nothing in her name? How does she do banking as a bank card would have her name on it?

• Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Fasih Khan

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Need evidence that she lives in Canada. Health card and driver’s license don’t prove it. You can try but may be rejected. Are they recent documents received within last 6 months? So she has nothing in her name? How does she do banking as a bank card would have her name on it?

• Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Thank you for your guidance. I want to know for proof of citizenship do I need to attach a citizenship certificate too along with the passport of my sister or only a passport can suffice?

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Click on the link and read the completeness check requirements for siblings.
Perfect thank you. It cleared my question. But one more thing I want to ask you while some through the link it is stated that for digital photos the dimension is asked to be 50x70 mm. I am about to submit my eApr. Some are saying the photo should be 35x45mm. I am confused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Perfect thank you. It cleared my question. But one more thing I want to ask you while some through the link it is stated that for digital photos the dimension is asked to be 50x70 mm. I am about to submit my eApr. Some are saying the photo should be 35x45mm. I am confused.
The link has the required dimensions for the photo. You may be confusing size of photo vs headshot.

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
I do understand that but still they require 4 docs.

1) Proof of residency in Canada of sibling
Example: Utility Bill showing your name & address or a bank account statement that has the name & address on

(2) Proof of PR/Citizenship of Sibling.
Example: Your Permanent Resident document / PR Card

(3) Proof of sibling relationship (required)
Example: Birth Certificate

(4) Family Member Proof of Status.

So what is for 4 now. If I submitted, a scan of the pr card, utility bill & birth certificate.
what else can satisfy this number 4.
What is to upload on point 4?

Please support.