+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Member Proof of Status for Unaccompanying Spouse

ishraqiyun77

Nov 9, 2016
Hi, working on ITA applicaiton.

Common-law partner is unaccompanying because she is a Canadian citizen that has been living in the States most of her life. People I talked to and most of what I read said to mark her as unaccompanying because she is Canadian citizen.

At any rate, she has family that lives in Canada so I put that in the application. One of the documents I have to provide under her section is Family Member Proof of Status:

"You must provide a copy of your family member’s Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document."

What I am slightly confused on is are they referring to her family in Canada? Or are they referring to her proof of Canadian citizenship? Kind of a big difference if she has to just give me her proof of citizenship or contact a family member she hasn't talked to in decades and ask out of the blue for a copy of their passport....

khan200us

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 November 2014
Doc's Request.
08-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Docs 8.0 band
Med's Request
11 May 2016
Med's Done....
3 June 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
You are asking very stupid questions.

She is an accompanying spouse if she plans to move to Canada to live with you. If she plans on living in states, she is not an accompanying spouse. In either case, you must mention her and her intentions in your application regardless of her nationality.

They are interested in your relatives in Canada. This is your application. They are least interested in her relatives.

The trick is to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Looks like you have something to hide or you are not sure of your intentions.

ishraqiyun77

Nov 9, 2016
khan200us said:
You are asking very stupid questions.

She is an accompanying spouse if she plans to move to Canada to live with you. If she plans on living in states, she is not an accompanying spouse. In either case, you must mention her and her intentions in your application regardless of her nationality.

They are interested in your relatives in Canada. This is your application. They are least interested in her relatives.

The trick is to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Looks like you have something to hide or you are not sure of your intentions.
LMAO, before you start trying to insult someone for asking "stupid questions" you should at least have read their post or have a basic understanding of what they are talking about. I would expect something different from someone who claims to have an 8 band on the IETLS and claims to be a chemical engineer.

She is considered an unaccompanying partner because she is a Canadian citizen and can come and go as she pleases. This is the correct option according the numerous threads on the subject and communications with CIC. But I am sure you knew that...

You also apparently haven't filled out the application with a partner listed. Had you, you would have know that whether or not the partner is accompanying you, you have to provide information on them. They ask specifically for it: job history, academic, family, personal, etc. But I am sure you knew that...

At any rate, as I stated in my original post, which you obviously read, that it is asking about it in the section regarding her information. But I am sure you knew that...

Are sure you didn't mean to apply to for immigration to the US? We are a country overrun with idiots who talk out the arse. You would fit right in. Next time you feel like contributing something not remotely constructive to a conversation, make sure you know what you are talking about, dumb dumb.

kalai123

Jun 20, 2017
need help

I have submitted express entry profile with unaccompanying wife (reason-if I add my wife the point will get reduce) and received invitation to apply PR.
Now I added my child as accompanying child and wife as unaccompanying wife (planning to sponsor in future) , what consequence are expected if I add only child, as accompanying child?.