+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Information Form Signature Issue

Soros Wen

Aug 20, 2019
Hi, I am currently applying for Visitor Visa online. For some reason, I can't enter my signature on the Electronic Family Information Form. I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019.012.20036. I cannot type in anything under the signature field. When I click on the Adobe plug-in Fill&Sign function, it shows "The author of this form has specified the fields which you can fill. Click on any field to start filling form".

This is very confusing since I am supposed to sign the signature but for some reason, the file doesn't allow me to do so. It's also very frustrating since Adobe Acrobat Reader is the only assigned software for the Family Information Form. I believe I am not the only person who is encountering this issue. Am I really supposed to sign my signature on this electronic form? Or is there any way I can fix this? Thank you.

not_

Aug 20, 2019
Hey, you're supposed to print out the completed form and then physically sign it, ie, with a pen. The signature that you do at your bank or any other place.

Soros Wen

Aug 20, 2019
Hey, you're supposed to print out the completed form and then physically sign it, ie, with a pen. The signature that you do at your bank or any other place.
Thank you for your reply. Are you saying I need to sign it after print it out? Then scan it and upload the image? Thank you again for replying me.

not_

Aug 20, 2019
Probably yes, that's what the signature means. You should ask a consultant or someone who has applied in the past as well