+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Information - bringing spouse and child

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
I am helping my brother in law fill out an application for a work permit. He is married and has a child. On the Family information form it asks for the spouses name etc and childs as well. It also ask "Will accompany you to Canada"..... I'm unsure how to fill this out. I cant find any information about it. Ideally his wife and child would accompany him but how do we go about that? Is it better to check no and just have them secure visitor visas once they have arrived?

Can someone please help me. How does someone applying for a workers permit bring their spouse and child with them? Does bringing your wife and child complicate your application? Is it truly as easy as checking YES on the family form and submitting their passports? how does it work.

His child is a toddler if that matters....

Please help if you no the answer or somewhere I can find it.
Kate

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello if he's job offer is skill level A,O,B he can sponsor wife and dependent child. for his wife same as work permit .but wife can apply open work permit depending on husband job title. And dependent child as visitor if child is 6 years old more need to apply student visas suggest you to let him come to Canada 1st and follow his wife and baby letter.
Its dependent upon how strong document you submitted in CIC

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Thank you so much for your reply Mannual. His job offer is 7282 - Concrete Finisher. I'm not sure if that is a skilled level of A,O,B ....... I think it might be skilled level B. I'm not sure though.

Do you think it would be best to just apply for him to come over on the work visa and then to apply for his wife and 3 year old child to come at a later date? We don't want to apply for him and his family and risk it being denied. Do you think he has a better chance of approval coming on his own?

Thank you!

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katie3234 said:
Thank you so much for your reply Mannual. His job offer is 7282 - Concrete Finisher. I'm not sure if that is a skilled level of A,O,B ....... I think it might be skilled level B. I'm not sure though.

Do you think it would be best to just apply for him to come over on the work visa and then to apply for his wife and 3 year old child to come at a later date? We don't want to apply for him and his family and risk it being denied. Do you think he has a better chance of approval coming on his own?

Thank you!
Hello katie.yes he's job is skill work. He can sponsor wife and baby i ve been in Canada 4 month and what i know if you don't ve ant relatives and if you are new comer 1st few months is so difficult. If you from tropical weather it's very hard to adjust. and house hold things are so high rate if you live in outside city you must ve own vechile.if everything above he can handle definitely he can apply together his work permit. Just my advice let him come 1st then let him adjust in Canadian lifestyle then any time he can apply his wife and baby.and he have job offer LMO and according to job offer if he ve job experience same feild + education definately he ll granted work permit. and some of country dont need to visa to enter canada ,below link helps you more:- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp best of luck

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Thank you Mannual!

You are being an awesome help!!! I think you are right.... We will wait until he arrives in Canada, starts working and gets settled and then try to bring his wife and baby on an open work permit. That's great that you have landed in Canada! Congratulations! I hope that you are liking it and are able to adjust.

Does this mean he should be filling out a skilled worker application?

Did you send a cover letter?

I cant find anywhere that says exactly what "supporting documents" to send?
police reports
letter from bank saying funds
resume
letters from previous bosses

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Kitie.sorry for late reply.sounds good.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp
.this link provide as foreinger work what exactly you need i send you Pm