+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Immigrating to Canada, Is it possible?

JoeKamel

Feb 16, 2018
Hello,

I've been looking forward to complete my studies in Canada. I'm a 16 year old high school student based in Egypt. I did gather few information about studying in Canada but I still got few questions I need answers for. So I would really appreciate it if someone knows the answer for what I'm about to write.

So my family, which consists of 5 members. My father who's 55+ of age, my mother 50+ of age, my brother who I believe he's 21 right now, my sister 17 yrs old & me, 16 years old.
My sister, brother & I are all fluent in English & in French as well. My mother & father know nothing about French but they got conversational English language.

My question here is will my father be able to immigrate & work in Canada with that age while me & my sister complete our studies in Canada? Also, will I be able to work in a part-time job while studying?
Considering my mother & big brother, will they be able to accompany my father or they should apply on their own since my brother is not young anymore?

Another question please, If I applied for a study permit, will I be able to take my family with me to Canada? (My father, mother & brother) Also, will they be able to work inside Canada while they accompany me until I finish my studies in Canada?

And lastly, how much does it cost for an international student to study in Canada?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I've been looking forward to complete my studies in Canada. I'm a 16 year old high school student based in Egypt. I did gather few information about studying in Canada but I still got few questions I need answers for. So I would really appreciate it if someone knows the answer for what I'm about to write.

So my family, which consists of 5 members. My father who's 55+ of age, my mother 50+ of age, my brother who I believe he's 21 right now, my sister 17 yrs old & me, 16 years old.
My sister, brother & I are all fluent in English & in French as well. My mother & father know nothing about French but they got conversational English language.

My question here is will my father be able to immigrate & work in Canada with that age while me & my sister complete our studies in Canada? Also, will I be able to work in a part-time job while studying?
Considering my mother & big brother, will they be able to accompany my father or they should apply on their own since my brother is not young anymore?

Another question please, If I applied for a study permit, will I be able to take my family with me to Canada? (My father, mother & brother) Also, will they be able to work inside Canada while they accompany me until I finish my studies in Canada?

And lastly, how much does it cost for an international student to study in Canada?

Thanks!
1. Your father's age and lack of English/French would probably disqualify him from Immigration in Express Entry, through lack of points.
2. If you are issued a study permit (if that is the route you want to go) and are able to pay the international fees, about $13K per year for high school and plus $10K for living expenses, and $2K for travel, you could apply for a study permit. You can't work part time attending High School, only when you attend a post secondary school.
3. If your father intents to apply, he should check to see if he is eligible here: http://tinyurl.com/y6v973hu As long as your siblings are under 22 and unmarried they could be included in the application.
4. If you apply for a study permit, your family will NOT be able to accompany you. Note if you are under 18 you will need a guardian residing in Canada.