+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family emergency,refugee and cessation

Dec 24, 2021
Hello,

I am writing to ask for suggestion regarding my case.I came to Canada as a conventional refugee in 2016.My citizenship is in final stages and i am just waiting for oath.All other steps are completed.Oath is taking forever and i have a family emergency back home.I am now considering to renew my home country passport and travel back.What are the chances of cessation given that my citizenship application is almost completed.Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks!

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Hello,

I am writing to ask for suggestion regarding my case.I came to Canada as a conventional refugee in 2016.My citizenship is in final stages and i am just waiting for oath.All other steps are completed.Oath is taking forever and i have a family emergency back home.I am now considering to renew my home country passport and travel back.What are the chances of cessation given that my citizenship application is almost completed.Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks!
Hello,

I’m following up as I have a similar situation. Can you please advise what you ended up doing and how everything worked out for you? TIA