+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Emergency - EI


Full Member
Jun 9, 2021
Dear friends,

I'm a permanent resident of Canada.

My mom is not well and I need to leave Canada to India.

I'm currently working and EI is getting deducted from my bi-weekly pay.

Can I apply for EI caregiving benefits for me (I'm still in Canada ) to take care of my mom in India as I won't be working?

I'm already spent lots of money for operation and other expense.

Please advise if I can apply EI caregiver or any emergency benefits I'm eligible to apply.