+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class- Spouse - Quebec

Sam_80

Dec 1, 2012
Dear all,

I moved to Canada in Feb 2014 as quebec selected Skilled worker .

I want to sponsor my wife and kid for PR.

Please let me know the procedure for Family class - spouse for Quebec.

Thanks
Sam

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
First, you send all the required documents per your checklist on the CIC's website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Then once you are approved as a sponsor the VO who receives your file will request your CSQ (certificat du selection- Quebec)
Here's their website:
They have their own checklist and address. DO NOT SEND TO YOUR VO!!!
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/index.html

Mine took about 16 days after Montreal received it. Then you send the certificate page requested ( it's marked 'Immigration') to your VO. They don't send it for you (they used to, I heard).

My best advice is to print out the checklists and go through them a few times before sending anything. And most definitely, print out both the applicant and sponsor's guides for both Quebec and CIC. Read them thoroughly. Especially CIC since there are country-specific requirements.
I hope this helps.
Lastly, send everything you mail out signature required with a tracking number. Many of us have had trouble with the postal service. Save all your paperwork in case it's lost. I have everything on a flash drive. It saves time and aggravation if you need to resend anything. Best of luck. This should get you started. Be careful to make sure you get all the inland (inside Canada) or outland forms. They are different. Choose whichever
works for you. This site is a wealth of info to help you through. This is all based in my experience. Everyone has different circumstances and I did an outland application so I don't know too much on inland.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sam_80 said:
I moved to Canada in Feb 2014 as quebec selected Skilled worker .

I want to sponsor my wife and kid for PR.
Did you include them in your PR app?