+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class/ spousal sponsorship

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Hi everyone.. i need help about my immigration situation in Canada… I was denied refugee claim in 2021 and got married but my marriage failed and then got a letter of removal from CBSA I was advised to apply for PRRA and was refused, although I was in another relationship which is common law and my partner was pregnant and we quickly applied for spouse sponsorship in July 2023, but CBSA sent me a letter of deportation order or departure to leave Canada July 24, i explained to the officer about my conditions and with my wife pregnancy and even used a lawyer to write defferral letter but was also refused, I was so confused and got into depression and my partner was going through a high risk of pregnancy which I also give a letter to the CBSA officer but she said there wasn’t enough proof and she’s not convinced and I went to federal court to stay removal but the officer was rushing me and there’s not enough time for the court to respond to me,we also showed her that we applied for spousal sponsorship but she wasn’t listening to me and I was so panic and I asked her if I committed a crime I’m not aware of but she said No, I got tired and I couldn’t leave Canada because my wife was sick and I’m the one taking care of her, and so lucky she was put to be with C- secerane operation which is an emergency delivery, now we have a baby together and live together for more than one year.. I received a letter from immigration for biometrics which was completed, medical passed, biometric passed, eligibility not started and security not started… I keep calling they told me my application is in process and I’m already giving up and i can’t even check my application status, I sent AIP request but never hear from them… I don’t know what to do guys… please I need a suggestion maybe I should leave Canada but again my baby and my wife needs support from me….. thank you guys I’m waiting for response

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone.. i need help about my immigration situation in Canada… I was denied refugee claim in 2021 and got married but my marriage failed and then got a letter of removal from CBSA I was advised to apply for PRRA and was refused, although I was in another relationship which is common law and my partner was pregnant and we quickly applied for spouse sponsorship in July 2023, but CBSA sent me a letter of deportation order or departure to leave Canada July 24, i explained to the officer about my conditions and with my wife pregnancy and even used a lawyer to write defferral letter but was also refused, I was so confused and got into depression and my partner was going through a high risk of pregnancy which I also give a letter to the CBSA officer but she said there wasn’t enough proof and she’s not convinced and I went to federal court to stay removal but the officer was rushing me and there’s not enough time for the court to respond to me,we also showed her that we applied for spousal sponsorship but she wasn’t listening to me and I was so panic and I asked her if I committed a crime I’m not aware of but she said No, I got tired and I couldn’t leave Canada because my wife was sick and I’m the one taking care of her, and so lucky she was put to be with C- secerane operation which is an emergency delivery, now we have a baby together and live together for more than one year.. I received a letter from immigration for biometrics which was completed, medical passed, biometric passed, eligibility not started and security not started… I keep calling they told me my application is in process and I’m already giving up and i can’t even check my application status, I sent AIP request but never hear from them… I don’t know what to do guys… please I need a suggestion maybe I should leave Canada but again my baby and my wife needs support from me….. thank you guys I’m waiting for response
Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see the detailed status of your application?

What is the status of your removal order exactly? Has it been out on hold?

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Oh man this sounds very complicated. Do not give up, keep fighting. Until you have exhausted every single option don’t give up, I have no other advice for you as I do not know the laws when it comes to certain things but keep pushing through.

also, make sure you order gcms notes too as the other person advised, you’ll need this to see where and what’s the underlining issues with your application. you’re file might get transferred to a local office for further assessment and from there ain’t no telling the outcome.

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Have you tried ordering GCMS notes to see the detailed status of your application?

What is the status of your removal order exactly? Has it been out on hold?
Yes, I have ordered for Gcms note and I do not know the status of my removal yet but I’ve submitted everything everything immigration requested… thank you

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Oh man this sounds very complicated. Do not give up, keep fighting. Until you have exhausted every single option don’t give up, I have no other advice for you as I do not know the laws when it comes to certain things but keep pushing through.

also, make sure you order gcms notes too as the other person advised, you’ll need this to see where and what’s the underlining issues with your application. you’re file might get transferred to a local office for further assessment and from there ain’t no telling the outcome.
Thank you so much… I will keep trying and yes they already transferred my application to Etobicoke in Ottawa for further assessment

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Please I need an answer to this question… why would a CBSA officer issue a deportation order to someone who has not committed any crime but his refugee claim was denied….. because I only see that a person can be issued a deportation if such person committed a serious crime in the country…. Please someone should help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please I need an answer to this question… why would a CBSA officer issue a deportation order to someone who has not committed any crime but his refugee claim was denied….. because I only see that a person can be issued a deportation if such person committed a serious crime in the country…. Please someone should help
It's very normal for a deportation order to be issued when a refugee claim is denied. There is nothing at all unusual about this.

When you file a refugee claim, this automatically places you under a removal order. That removal order is put on hold while your refugee application is process and also during any appeals if your refugee claim is refused. However once your refugee claim is refused / any appeals are refused, this activates the removal order which then turns into a deportation order. Again, nothing unusual in what has happened to you. This is expected.

Reactions: YVR123

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
It's very normal for a deportation order to be issued when a refugee claim is denied. There is nothing at all unusual about this.

When you file a refugee claim, this automatically places you under a removal order. That removal order is put on hold while your refugee application is process and also during any appeals if your refugee claim is refused. However once your refugee claim is refused / any appeals are refused, this activates the removal order which then turns into a deportation order. Again, nothing unusual in what has happened to you. This is expected.
Oh wow!! Thank you so much but I called immigration today regarding my spouse sponsorship application, he told me my medical passed and biometric passed, my eligibility is under review and my background check….. should I get a lawyer or I should just wait to see the outcome but I already I applied Gcms note tho

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh wow!! Thank you so much but I called immigration today regarding my spouse sponsorship application, he told me my medical passed and biometric passed, my eligibility is under review and my background check….. should I get a lawyer or I should just wait to see the outcome but I already I applied Gcms note tho
It's your choice if you get a lawyer or not. Your case is quite complex, so it you have the money, legal advice would probably be a good idea.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you been regularly checking in with CBSA? There is no mention of your deportation order being put on hold so it unusual for CBSA to just stop moving forward with deportation or stop contacting you.

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
It's your choice if you get a lawyer or not. Your case is quite complex, so it you have the money, legal advice would probably be a good idea.
Getting a lawyer wouldn’t be a problem but what they do the last time my MP called immigration they told her my application in progress everything seems good

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Have you been regularly checking in with CBSA? There is no mention of your deportation order being put on hold so it unusual for CBSA to just stop moving forward with deportation or stop contacting you.
I haven’t heard from CBSA for a while now let’s say about three months now… the last time I heard from them was when one of the guy requested to see me in person but I didn’t go that’s all… are you saying I should call CBSA I’m really tired

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Getting a lawyer wouldn’t be a problem but what they do the last time my MP called immigration they told her my application in progress everything seems good
Lawyers give you legal advice on what you can do if CBSA decides they are going to move ahead with the deportation or if there are any issues with your spousal sponsorship application.

MPs cannot do this. They don't have the legal knowledge or understanding of IRCC rules.

Osemhn08

Jan 19, 2024
Lawyers give you legal advice on what you can do if CBSA decides they are going to move ahead with the deportation or if there are any issues with your spousal sponsorship application.

MPs cannot do this. They don't have the legal knowledge or understanding of IRCC rules.
Your absolutely right…… thank you… I will go ahead and look for a lawyer to help me…. But I’m really exhausted at this point but I still have hope since my application is still moving forward…. But can I marry my common law partner would that change anything

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your absolutely right…… thank you… I will go ahead and look for a lawyer to help me…. But I’m really exhausted at this point but I still have hope since my application is still moving forward…. But can I marry my common law partner would that change anything
No reason for not trying...