+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship

Louisa_Marie

Jan 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question in mind

I applied to sponsor my husband to Canada under The Family Class Sponsorship Program.

I got the approval to sponsor.

My husband paid all the application fees including the permanent resident processing fee.

He sent in his medicals upfront once I got the sponsorship approval... The medical facility where he did the medical said they would forward it through to immigration obviously after filling out a questionnaire from them as mentioned in the printed letter which was part of the application.

Application started processing on the 19th of September of 2016 as it shows online and we haven't heard anything since or an update from the CIC website. Is this normal? It didnt even update to mention that his medicals were received even though he did them back in October of last year.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Louisa_Marie said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question in mind

I applied to sponsor my husband to Canada under The Family Class Sponsorship Program.

I got the approval to sponsor.

My husband paid all the application fees including the permanent resident processing fee.

He sent in his medicals upfront once I got the sponsorship approval... The medical facility where he did the medical said they would forward it through to immigration obviously after filling out a questionnaire from them as mentioned in the printed letter which was part of the application.

Application started processing on the 19th of September of 2016 as it shows online and we haven't heard anything since or an update from the CIC website. Is this normal? It didnt even update to mention that his medicals were received even though he did them back in October of last year.
Out of curiosity, what is your husband's country of origin?

AJ1234

May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront - then expired - requested new medical 30-11-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
My spouse's medicals were completed and sent by doctor's office about 6 weeks before we sent the application and it didn't show up as "medicals received" until about 11 months into the application process.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Louisa_Marie said:
My wife's medical was done Nov 2015. We sent it with our application. It was not "passed" by CIC until October 2016. It was domething that drove us crazy, because the doctor stated she passed.

In the end, a Medical Examiner in New Delhi finally approved it. She had applied inland and is in Canada...

Louisa_Marie

Jan 11, 2017
Hi again

My husband just received this email from Immigration... they asked him to bring his passport with him to the country where the application is being processed yet he works and lives in a different country... which is mentioned in the application when we first submitted it. Will they hold the passport for more than 48 hrs or will they make a decision on the spot post interview? since he will be taking a few days off work and travel for this interview and return it back or could they be keeping it for a longer period?

Another question... We submitted proof of marriage (married since 2008) and relationship. We have 2 kids together, pictures, flight tickets for when i went to visit him... so i dont know what more could they be asking for

One more thing... he has been outside the US for more than 10 years, seems a bit odd to ask about his FBI clearance after all this time, No?

Email Below:

Dear Mr.__________,

In order to assess your application for permanent residence, a visa officer requires that you attend an interview.

The interview will be held on Tuesday . at the Embassy of Canada in __________
This letter must be presented at the reception on the day of the interview.
Please confirm your attendance and the language in which you will communicate during the interview by e-mail to berut.im-permanentresidence@international.gc.ca within 5 days of receipt of this invitation letter.
Please note that if you fail to appear for interview as scheduled, the examination of your application will be completed based on the material available in your application. This could result in the refusal of your application.
The following documents are outstanding on your file. Although there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued following your interview, we request that you submit the following documents to expedite the processing of your file. Please note that the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is refundable if a visa is not issued.
Please bring these documents and your original passport to the interview:
- Updated proof of communication and relation with your sponsor
- Police Certificate from Canada, USA (FBI clearance).
INTERPRETATION:
If you are unable to communicate in English or in French, kindly advise us in order for us to provide you with an Interpreter.
N.B:
· Please reply to the current email
· We do not accept any electronic device (USB, Cell phone) as proof of relationship
Sincerely yours,
Immigration section

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Police certificate needs to be included for every country he has lived in for six months or more since the age of 18. If he lived in the US as an adult, an FBI certificate is required and should have been included with the original application.

I would order your case notes asap to find out why you are being called for an interview.

Louisa_Marie

Jan 11, 2017
Im guessing the interview is related to his arc which he paid for in 2009
And he hasn't lived in the US for more than 3 weeks total

Thanks for answering scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Louisa_Marie said:
Im guessing the interview is related to his arc which he paid for in 2009
And he hasn't lived in the US for more than 3 weeks total

Thanks for answering scylla
Ah - that is strange then about the FBI cert.

Was his ARC approved in 2009? If so - that seems strange they would be asking about it again now.

Louisa_Marie

Jan 11, 2017
We never got a result as we decided on withdrawing the app back then due to changing life events, but he still paid it was around 1900$ altogether if i recall and he forwarded them a copy of the receipt this time when we submitted it again

would caips help show whats going on?

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louisa_Marie said:
We never got a result as we decided on withdrawing the app back then due to changing life events, but he still paid it was around 1900$ altogether if i recall and he forwarded them a copy of the receipt this time when we submitted it again

would caips help show whats going on?
Despite him paying for it, the fact that you withdrew the application meant the ARC was never processed so yes, chances are this is an issue in your application. Sending a copy of the receipt will do nothing if the application was never processed.

Louisa_Marie

Jan 11, 2017
thx dlre...

okay so another issue came up... Immigration wants a Canadian police clearance from the time he lived there... so he goes to the embassy of the country he lives in which in this case is Qatar... he hands them his Qatar ID for authentication... they reply saying they dont do non canadian document authentication... how else is he supposed to get it notarized?