+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship under other relatives

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for the update.

So basically i can apply and take a chance and where as i have also read coated below:-

I as a sponsor and principal applicant request the Minister or their delegates to initiate processing under A25(1), where officers MUST CHANGE THE CATEGORY AT THE selection stage of processing as outlined to change the stage to Family Class Humanitarian (FCH). The Family class applications with a sponsorship where the sponsor is ineligible (because I am not financially meeting the requirement as sponsor) MAY be processed Under A25 (1). *The criteria for such applications under H&C are outlined in Section *8.2. For ALL such cases, the category must be changed to FCH at the selection (step 2) and finalized as such.

*Section: 8.2. Family Class:

H & C consideration / review will be granted only upon the request of the sponsor and prospective permanent resident.

Kindly advise if this can really happen.
I believe they have to approve my request

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC will consider H&C if you ask them to - but this by no means guarantees approval. As has already been explained, H&C is difficult to prove and approval rates are low. Assume H&C will be very difficult to prove in your case since you aren't living with or supporting your uncle now.

Reactions: Mary Peter

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Would appreciate your feedback
Hi Rob,

My application is on my uncle is retired
And he is my sponsor and does not meet the MNI and me and my uncle is requesting the Minister to change the category under section A25 (1) on humanitarian and compassionate grounds outside canada is the request made. So I need support or views on this request and he has a supportive finance also who can support my application. An do remember he is all alone no wife, no kids, no common law partner, no sister or brother, no parents

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Rob,

And he is my sponsor and does not meet the MNI and me and my uncle is requesting the Minister to change the category under section A25 (1) on humanitarian and compassionate grounds outside canada is the request made. So I need support or views on this request and he has a supportive finance also who can support my application. An do remember he is all alone no wife, no kids, no common law partner, no sister or brother, no parents
Your uncle being retired isn't a H&C reason. Nor is his being alone in Canada. And nor is your wanting to come to Canada.

H&C reason means there is some life or death situation involved, or some incredible hardship that would be faced if the H&C request was refused. It doesn't sound like this exists in your case, and in fact his having a fiancee and soon to be wife, would make the H&C claim even less viable.

Note that when he and his fiancee reach 1 year living together, or if they get married, that would immediately make him ineligible to sponsor you and any app in progress at that time would be cancelled.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Rob,

Agree with above. Your situation does not have H&C grounds.

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Your uncle being retired isn't a H&C reason. Nor is his being alone in Canada. And nor is your wanting to come to Canada.

H&C reason means there is some life or death situation involved, or some incredible hardship that would be faced if the H&C request was refused. It doesn't sound like this exists in your case, and in fact his having a fiancee and soon to be wife, would make the H&C claim even less viable.

Note that when he and his fiancee reach 1 year living together, or if they get married, that would immediately make him ineligible to sponsor you and any app in progress at that time would be cancelled.

With reference to the above update i really can't understand what are you writing and what I am asking

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
With reference to the above update i really can't understand what are you writing and what I am asking
You are asking if you can request that the app be processed as H&C. Yes, you can and IRCC will do that.

However, we are telling you that you don't actually have H&C grounds, so when IRCC processes it as such, it will most likely be refused.

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
You are asking if you can request that the app be processed as H&C. Yes, you can and IRCC will do that.

However, we are telling you that you don't actually have H&C grounds, so when IRCC processes it as such, it will most likely be refused.

Yes i am asking if i can apply Thanks for understanding my question as quoted above. But why it mentioned in the website on h& c grounds if sponsor does not meet the MNI can make the application on H &County grounds

M

mikeymyke

Yes he can apply, as is mentioned, but that doesnt mean it will be approved. This is not an H&C case whatsoever

You're misreading what's being written. It says you can change to H&C application, but that doesnt say they let you change and it be a 100% guarantee approval. This is likely a high chance of refusal

Mary Peter

Oct 19, 2016
Yes he can apply, as is mentioned, but that doesnt mean it will be approved. This is not an H&C case whatsoever
OK I agree

What if applicant request that it won't be dependent on sponsor once granted approval will be on own when arrive to Canada

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
OK I agree

What if applicant request that it won't be dependent on sponsor once granted approval will be on own when arrive to Canada
That won't make any difference. No matter what you write, a sponsor is legally responsible financially for anyone they sponsor.