+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship Spouse living outside of Canada (Quebec)

superded

Apr 10, 2015
Hi,

I have just initiated a sponsorship for my wife living overseas. I am a resident of Quebec. We seem to play by different rules and it confuses the hell out of me.

We sent the package to Mississauga but some of the forms didn't have to be filled at all and some not totally filled.

We are now waiting for news from the CIC.

We've been told that next we will have to deal with the Quebec Government.

Will the CIC send info to Quebec or the CIC will send something to us then we'll send it to Qc? (sounds a bit ludicrous if it is the latter).

How much time does this back and forth with 2 different bureaucraties will add to the whole process? Anyone out there lived it (same class and outside Canada moving to Qc)? My spouse is in the Philippines.

Thanks,

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
Please don't get too stressed about applying from Quebec. It's not that much more of a hassle. The other provinces have their forms to fill out that get sent to CIC. QCers have similar-ish forms that get sent directly to MIDI.

Wait for CIC to send you Sponsor Approval (SA), generally by email. You can check the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship to see when they are getting to the same week as when they received your package to get a *rough* idea of when they will be processing yours for SA.

Once you get SA, you print out that PDF. You go to MIDI's site for: Demande d'engagement and you download your Kit A. READ THE GUIDE. It will explain the questions and give definitions for "family members" for example.

Send the CSQ forms, payment ($272 for 2015), and a copy of that Sponsor Approval to MIDI. It generally takes 3-4 weeks for MIDI to process the CSQ (I think they are or were mandated to respond to all requests within 30 days). It's not that bad.

I'm still waiting for my CSQ, but from what I understand, they sent 2 copies, with instructions on mailing 1 copy to CIC (and 1 for your records).

That's it. Because you are doing spousal sponsorship, there's no financial minimum to demonstrate, so it's essentially just a formality.

Don't stress it.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Can midi deny csq for some reason?
And after they send the document (email or mail? ) what should I do?
Send to VO abroad? To CPC -M?
I'm a bit confused.

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
I am unaware of what would cause MIDI to deny a spousal/partner sponsorship CSQ. I suppose it's possible, but I think it is rare.

Follow the instructions. Read all the online guides, instructions, and all emails/letters carefully. They generally explain what to do.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
While you wait for CIC's reply, you might as well complete the MIDI papers so that they'll be ready to be posted.

superded

Apr 10, 2015
surleplateau said:
Please don't get too stressed about applying from Quebec. It's not that much more of a hassle. The other provinces have their forms to fill out that get sent to CIC. QCers have similar-ish forms that get sent directly to MIDI.

Wait for CIC to send you Sponsor Approval (SA), generally by email. You can check the to see when they are getting to the same week as when they received your package to get a *rough* idea of when they will be processing yours for SA.

Once you get SA, you print out that PDF. You go to MIDI's site for: Demande d'engagement and you download your Kit A. READ THE GUIDE. It will explain the questions and give definitions for "family members" for example.

Send the CSQ forms, payment ($272 for 2015), and a copy of that Sponsor Approval to MIDI. It generally takes 3-4 weeks for MIDI to process the CSQ (I think they are or were mandated to respond to all requests within 30 days). It's not that bad.

I'm still waiting for my CSQ, but from what I understand, they sent 2 copies, with instructions on mailing 1 copy to CIC (and 1 for your records).

That's it. Because you are doing spousal sponsorship, there's no financial minimum to demonstrate, so it's essentially just a formality.

Don't stress it.
Thanks!

Arcoiris

May 28, 2015
Hi, my spouse (ecuadorian) and I (canadian) are almost ready to send our application to get the canadian permanent residency to come to live together in Quebec. However:

-- About the steps of the permanent residency application , family sponsorship to Quebec --

A. In the form IMM0008, on the question 6, they ask to the principal applicant if he has already applied for the Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ). However in the immigration Quebec web site, the sponsorship approval by the CIC is showed as a mandatory first step to send the form to get the CSQ? In short, what do we have to do first?

B. Do we have to first send the forms of the sponsor (I) and those of my spouse with the respective proofs to the CIC Mississauga office together, meaning in the same envelope, or separately?

C. Since the first step is about the approval of the sponsor in the CIC Mississauga office, does only the sponsor (I) has to firstly send his forms or both (Principal applicant and Sponsor)?

Please answer us, since we have already looked for these details in all the respective websites of Canada and Quebec.

Thanks for your help, :eek: :)

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Arcoiris said:
Hi, my spouse (ecuadorian) and I (canadian) are almost ready to send our application to get the canadian permanent residency to come to live together in Quebec. However:

-- About the steps of the permanent residency application , family sponsorship to Quebec --

A. In the form IMM0008, on the question 6, they ask to the principal applicant if he has already applied for the Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ). However in the immigration Quebec web site, the sponsorship approval by the CIC is showed as a mandatory first step to send the form to get the CSQ? In short, what do we have to do first?

B. Do we have to first send the forms of the sponsor (I) and those of my spouse with the respective proofs to the CIC Mississauga office together, meaning in the same envelope, or separately?

C. Since the first step is about the approval of the sponsor in the CIC Mississauga office, does only the sponsor (I) has to firstly send his forms or both (Principal applicant and Sponsor)?

Please answer us, since we have already looked for these details in all the respective websites of Canada and Quebec.

Thanks for your help, :eek: :)
First you have to send the sponsor and the applicant part TOGHETER for CIC-M.
AFTER they send your SA, you'll request for CSQ.
It a bit confused, but it's a general form for other imigration classes as well.
For now, on IMM0008, just leave it blank.

Arcoiris

May 28, 2015
THANKS for your answer DanSlh,

Do we have to leave this sectin in blank or wirte N/A?. So understanding well, you tell me to write no on the question 6 and on the section c ("if no, when did you apply") where we have to indicate a date, we put N/A or leave it blank?

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
surleplateau said:

Wait for CIC to send you Sponsor Approval (SA), generally by email. You can check the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship to see when they are getting to the same week as when they received your package to get a *rough* idea of when they will be processing yours for SA.

Don't stress it.
Hi did you receive your csq? Do you know if they send it by email or by mail?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Trapeze said:
Hi did you receive your csq? Do you know if they send it by email or by mail?
Regular mail.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
surleplateau said:
They will intimate the relevant visa office by their own while the two copies they will send; one is for your record and other to be furnished to the cbsa at the time of landing.

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016

binny_31

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am living in Canada and I have applied for my wife PR. Still waiting for sponsorship approval.

My query is MICC would give CSQ in 25 days, After getting CSQ how much time will it take for visa stamping?
What is the process after getting CSQ? What is the duration of the process post CSQ?

best wishes
Gursimran Singh

hunter21

Dec 31, 2016
I just reposted some still unanswered questions from this page here on this website under 'Family Class Sponsorship.'

If anyone could still help me out, that would be wonderful. Happy New Year!