+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship OR Workers sponsorship OR both?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Hi Everyone,

I am still waiting to send out my application, just waiting on more document! Considering it takes 6-13 months (Rome office), and I’m assuming it will be longer as my husband is from Albania and the only stories I have been able to read about Albanians being sponsored by spouses seem to take around 2years. My uncle is a business owner and has offered to sponsor my husband as a worker, he has previously sponsored workers from foreign underdeveloped countries and it usually takes around 5-6 months and allows them a 2year-working visa. He would also allow for my husband and I to live in his staff accommodations.

So I suppose my questions are:
1.)Should I just sponsor him under family class, hope that it stays within the 6-13 months, and that things go well.
2.)Have my uncle, who is a business owner sponsor my husband as a foreign worker and if it falls through then try for family class. And if it goes well and he is granted the workers visa than apply for family class, still doing it outland through the Rome office.
3.)Do BOTH applications at once (am I able to have 2 apps at the same time??), hope that he gets the workers visa, be able to wait together and then hopefully get the PR.

I realize this forum is for family class, but hopefully some people have tried the workers option as well or have more information on it. I would really appreciate some advice. I feel as though my husband and I have been sitting in limbo for months now and not making headway with the paper work and collecting everything. I really, really, really just want for us to be together again – which I’m sure is a feeling running through all of us. I would love it if we could be together in Canada where I am financially stable and have the support of relatives, and of course life would be better and more stable in Canada than it would be in Albania. Although, if the family class sponsorship takes long or gets denied I will move to Albania without hesitation.

My one hesitation in applying for the workers visa is that my husband was previously denied a visitor visa as they thought he wouldn’t leave Canada, this was before we were married, so I’m assuming now that we are married they would feel the same if not stronger regarding this. Also I’m worried they will think it “suspicious” or something. I don’t want to make any errors.

Thank you,
Katie