+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship no status update

Caninjpn

Nov 13, 2020
Hello, I applied for my wife's permanent visa back in May 24,2020 by mail. Since then we've been waiting for a reply from the IRCC about the documents being processed. I've tried to link the document to IRCC online tool, but it doesn't exist. I've tried to submit a webform to inquire, but the form for some reason asks for a UCI when it's not required. I've send an email to manila immigration and currently waiting for their reply.

Does anyone have information about the following

1) how long does it take before IRCC gives a notice that the form is being processed.

2) Is there any other point of contacts aside from the ones mentioned above that I could ask help from.

3) If in the case that the application oackage gets lost for some reason, what could I do? My wife has told me that the document from the police department in regards to her criminal record is confidential and can only be issied only once because that's the original and theu won't issue another one when there's no indication of where it's been used, much less chance when it's lost.

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I applied for my wife's permanent visa back in May 24,2020 by mail. Since then we've been waiting for a reply from the IRCC about the documents being processed. I've tried to link the document to IRCC online tool, but it doesn't exist. I've tried to submit a webform to inquire, but the form for some reason asks for a UCI when it's not required. I've send an email to manila immigration and currently waiting for their reply.

1) how long does it take before IRCC gives a notice that the form is being processed.

2) Is there any other point of contacts aside from the ones mentioned above that I could ask help from.

3) If in the case that the application oackage gets lost for some reason, what could I do? My wife has told me that the document from the police department in regards to her criminal record is confidential and can only be issied only once because that's the original and theu won't issue another one when there's no indication of where it's been used, much less chance when it's lost.
Chances are you app has just not been looked at yet.

1. Varies greatly, many people who have applied before you are still waiting for AOR.
2. If you are in Canada you can call IRCC and enquire about whether the app has been received.
3. Did you send your app with a way to track it so you know it got to Sydney and hasn't been lost?

Caninjpn

Nov 13, 2020
Chances are you app has just not been looked at yet.

1. Varies greatly, many people who have applied before you are still waiting for AOR.
2. If you are in Canada you can call IRCC and enquire about whether the app has been received.
3. Did you send your app with a way to track it so you know it got to Sydney and hasn't been lost?
Thanks for the reply.
1) I thought it may be so, but usually when would it take before a notice is sent that the application is being processed?

2)I'm out of Canada currently. But I could try calling long distance.

3) I added tracking, only to find out later it was only for Japan natuonal tracking only, and not international.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply.
1) I thought it may be so, but usually when would it take before a notice is sent that the application is being processed?

3) I added tracking, only to find out later it was only for Japan natuonal tracking only, and not international.
Normally around two months (pre COVID-19).

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

It will not work calling from out of country, will have to have the sponsor from in Canada call.

Should have used a courier that could confirm receipt of the docs, obviously too late for that now. All you can do is have somebody in Canada call to try to get some info. When we were outside I tried many ways, skype etc and a VPN saying I was in Canada to call them but it wouldn't go through. Don't know how they knew I was using a VPN but it still blocked it.

Caninjpn

Nov 13, 2020
It will not work calling from out of country, will have to have the sponsor from in Canada call.

Should have used a courier that could confirm receipt of the docs, obviously too late for that now. All you can do is have somebody in Canada call to try to get some info. When we were outside I tried many ways, skype etc and a VPN saying I was in Canada to call them but it wouldn't go through. Don't know how they knew I was using a VPN but it still blocked it.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of trying long distance too. I'll try and find some other way to call and inquire.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

When using webform without UCI just enter 00000000.