+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship from india only (may 2020 to August 2020)

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys here we see all outland from different countries except india got results fast as compared to us
So i make this thread for indian so we know exactly what is happening with india files
Join this thread thanku

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I applied in july 2020
Got dm and pre arrival in march 2021
After that no update till now
My file is now transferred to NDVO from Beijing china. But i don't know why they take that much time on files which they made decision already

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I tried to contact to Delhi visa office but they said they don't answer to status related enquires

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys here we see all outland from different countries except india got results fast as compared to us
So i make this thread for indian so we know exactly what is happening with india files
Join this thread thanku
From all evidence NDVO effectively stopped issuing visas including COPRs - and the VACs were closed as well - from the start of the direct flight ban. Even those who had outstanding PPRs or had submitted them already were just frozen.

Obviously since they weren't issuing visas and there was nowhere to submit passports, they also stopped issuing passport requests.

Not long ago they did re-open the VACs and start issuing visas and coprs again.

So now there is a big backlog. A very big backlog. And I presume there are still work restrictions and covid-related limitations, i.e. they are not up to full speed or staffing levels anyway.

Now if you follow the various indian threads, there is a fairly high pace of PPRs being issued (the thread on two way delivery for NDVO for example) and visas being returned, etc.

There is a backlog. It is going to take time to catch up.

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
From all evidence NDVO effectively stopped issuing visas including COPRs - and the VACs were closed as well - from the start of the direct flight ban. Even those who had outstanding PPRs or had submitted them already were just frozen.

Obviously since they weren't issuing visas and there was nowhere to submit passports, they also stopped issuing passport requests.

Not long ago they did re-open the VACs and start issuing visas and coprs again.

So now there is a big backlog. A very big backlog. And I presume there are still work restrictions and covid-related limitations, i.e. they are not up to full speed or staffing levels anyway.

Now if you follow the various indian threads, there is a fairly high pace of PPRs being issued (the thread on two way delivery for NDVO for example) and visas being returned, etc.

There is a backlog. It is going to take time to catch up.
I know but they issue more PPr to student visa as compared to spouse
Or is u got PPR or not yet

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know but they issue more PPr to student visa as compared to spouse
Student visas are time sensitive in a different way - useless if issued too late in academic year - so there was an initial prioritization of those and the backlog. That seems to have evened out some.

DivyaUmn

Aug 3, 2021
I applied in july 2020
Got dm and pre arrival in march 2021
After that no update till now
My file is now transferred to NDVO from Beijing china. But i don't know why they take that much time on files which they made decision already
Same with me,waiting for update from March 2021

Reactions: Anmolr236

RamandeepS

Mar 17, 2021
Hi.

Mine dm also march 2021
July 2020 applicant...ircc said file moved to Ndvo for issuing ppr....didn't receive any update from ndvo