+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship (common-law) August 2020

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi all,

I am applying under family class sponsorship within Canada (common-law). I was wondering Is there any format I have to use for letters from close friends and family.
Please suggest

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You probably don't want every letter to sound as if it was dictated by you. The key elements are how long they've known you (as a couple) and under what circumstances - work friend, old friend - and how happy they are for you, having found the one in 7 billion ideal soul mate (or words to that effect).

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Thanks. My landlord is also not giving us lease agreement but willing to sign the letter is there any format for that letter ?

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Does the letter from landlord will work if I don’t have lease. Is this needs to be notarized ?

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Yes that should be fine as long as it has your address and the dates.
Thanks I have also below queries. please advise

I am applying for common law family class sponsorship for my husband.

1) We are living together from last one year however we moved provinces so don’t have our old driving licenses what to do ?

2) also will electronic supporting documents such as bank statements/credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your address?

3) Is there any format for letters from closed friends and family

4) I am in Canada for the last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for the last 5 years' employment details so should I include my back home job?

Thanks

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thanks I have also below queries. please advise

I am applying for common law family class sponsorship for my husband.

1) We are living together from last one year however we moved provinces so don’t have our old driving licenses what to do ?

2) also will electronic supporting documents such as bank statements/credit card statements/ paystubs etc would be accepted or it has to be mailed to your address?

4) I am in Canada for the last 3 years however in form 5532 they asked for the last 5 years' employment details so should I include my back home job?

Thanks
If you are married then he is your spouse and not your common law.

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
I am applying for common law family class sponsorship.

Thanks