+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship application

Mr.Asiwaju

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

I got married to my wife March 2018, after which we applied for work permit from Nigeria while my wife returned to Canada to resume her work but the work permit was denied. She submitted the family sponsorship application July 2018 and I as well applied for a visiting visa because she's pregnant and she's due to put to bed by December but the visitor's visa too was refused.

We haven't heard anything regarding the application since July that she submitted the application but when she call cic they gave her a temporary application number but no official email from them yet telling us if they have started processing the application.

Please can anyone in the house help with possible thing that we can do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I got married to my wife March 2018, after which we applied for work permit from Nigeria while my wife returned to Canada to resume her work but the work permit was denied. She submitted the family sponsorship application July 2018 and I as well applied for a visiting visa because she's pregnant and she's due to put to bed by December but the visitor's visa too was refused.

We haven't heard anything regarding the application since July that she submitted the application but when she call cic they gave her a temporary application number but no official email from them yet telling us if they have started processing the application.

Please can anyone in the house help with possible thing that we can do?
You do not qualify for a work permit and your work permit application was correctly refused.

As explained above, there's really nothing you can do but wait for the application to be approved which will likely take around 12 months.

Mr.Asiwaju

Oct 18, 2018
You do not qualify for a work permit and your work permit application was correctly refused.

As explained above, there's really nothing you can do but wait for the application to be approved which will likely take around 12 months.
Thank you for the reply.

I am only worried we are yet to get a reply from IRCC since the application was submitted.

I am applying for a visiting visa again to visit my wife when she puts to bed by December, I am eligible to apply for that ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the reply.

I am only worried we are yet to get a reply from IRCC since the application was submitted.

I am applying for a visiting visa again to visit my wife when she puts to bed by December, I am eligible to apply for that ?
You can certainly apply for a TRV again but it will most likely be refused. The fact your wife has been put to bed will not increase the chances of the TRV being approved - if anything it might reduce them since IRCC will assume you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. But again, you can certainly try. If you reapply, keep your trip short (2-3 weeks) and show as much evidence as you can to demonstrate you have strong ties to your home country.

Mr.Asiwaju

Oct 18, 2018
Thss
You can certainly apply for a TRV again but it will most likely be refused. The fact your wife has been put to bed will not increase the chances of the TRV being approved - if anything it might reduce them since IRCC will assume you have plans on remaining in Canada long term. But again, you can certainly try. If you reapply, keep your trip short (2-3 weeks) and show as much evidence as you can to demonstrate you have strong ties to your home country.[/QUOTE

Thank you for this.