+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsership

Rnait

Aug 1, 2019
If your wife is 3.5 months pregnant and she went to India when your first child was 1-2 months old that means she spent many months in India when she was required to be in Canada as a PR sponsoring a spouse.
She came here
In the month of feb, in march covid19 comes thats not our fault ! Sponsoring person can go for 3-4 weeks ! But nature cause comes thats not our fault , no airline avaliable in our country so they can go bck and why should i take risk with 8 months baby !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She came here
In the month of feb, in march covid19 comes thats not our fault ! Sponsoring person can go for 3-4 weeks ! But nature cause comes thats not our fault , no airline avaliable in our country so they can go bck and why should i take risk with 8 months baby !
How long was your wife outside Canada? Is she still outside Canada? The requirements state that PRs must remain in Canada to sponsor a spouse. A short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be overlooked but we have seen others be denied when it gets to the 1 month+ time period.

Rnait

Aug 1, 2019
Sir , she came here feb she was returning un march , but everything closed in march , so she is here , what we can do in this ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir , she came here feb she was returning un march , but everything closed in march , so she is here , what we can do in this ?
Your previous post indicated that she went to visit you in November. Is this the second visit? How long has she spent outside of Canada since you filed the sponsorship application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
5 - 6 months
DI’d she also visit you in November? Has she advised CRA of her absence? This long and absence can affect things like child benefit. Assume she is not receiving any other benefit like welfare. She also may not qualify for healthcare when she returns and will have to reapply. She’ll need to look at the province she is returning to and their healthcare residency requirement.

The rules are still very clear that PRs need to be in Canada to sponsor their spouses.

Rnait

Aug 1, 2019
I understand rules are very clear , i can pay the expenses , its possible pm Trudeau can send spl flight ? Bcz here airports n flights are closed !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand rules are very clear , i can pay the expenses , its possible pm Trudeau can send spl flight ? Bcz here airports n flights are closed !
There were already repatriation flights as well as other flights. Not sure what you mean by you can pay the expenses. The big issue is that the sponsorship is likely to be refused. You still haven’t answered about whether your wife also returned to India in November and how long she remained in India during that visit. It is also unclear whether she has been meeting the residency requirements to receive healthcare.

Reactions: Qwertypod