+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class - Online application

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I no longer could find the link for applying online for family class sponsorship, does that mean they aren't actively accepting new invitation thru it?

I have the link bookmarked previously and able to login in and create the application. Hence confused to proceed with either paper based application or online application? Do you guys know the general trend between paper vs online based on processing time?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I no longer could find the link for applying online for family class sponsorship, does that mean they aren't actively accepting new invitation thru it?

I have the link bookmarked previously and able to login in and create the application. Hence confused to proceed with either paper based application or online application? Do you guys know the general trend between paper vs online based on processing time?
You do not need an invitation to apply if you are sponsoring your spouse or dependents.

Are you asking about parents and grandparents sponsorship?
There is no detail on 2022 PGP yet. Thus no link nor web page to submit interest to sponsor yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Or from here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

I have not tried. Note, I no longer see the 'pilot programme' language that was there before. So it's possible they transitioned this to be a non-pilot i.e. regular and the old links were changed and some other changes.

As another poster noted, are you working on a spouse or dependent child application?

As for whether which is better: too soon to say if there is a notable general trend. The online apps have been taking longer than paper apps to get to AOR1, but not clear if that is a permanent trend or just during the pilot period - and of course whether that means the entire app will take longer. (Doesn't seem to be so but only a guess)

Short form: do NOT apply online assuming that it will be processed faster and better in some way by IRCC. Chances are (so far anyway) that there is no advantage to doing so from that perspective.

DO apply online if it is easier and better for you logistics-wise (i.e. not having to send large paper packages by post or courier and/or sending electronic files between applicant and sponsor).

Reactions: Swappy and YVR123

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Or from here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

I have not tried. Note, I no longer see the 'pilot programme' language that was there before. So it's possible they transitioned this to be a non-pilot i.e. regular and the old links were changed and some other changes.

As another poster noted, are you working on a spouse or dependent child application?

As for whether which is better: too soon to say if there is a notable general trend. The online apps have been taking longer than paper apps to get to AOR1, but not clear if that is a permanent trend or just during the pilot period - and of course whether that means the entire app will take longer. (Doesn't seem to be so but only a guess)

Short form: do NOT apply online assuming that it will be processed faster and better in some way by IRCC. Chances are (so far anyway) that there is no advantage to doing so from that perspective.

DO apply online if it is easier and better for you logistics-wise (i.e. not having to send large paper packages by post or courier and/or sending electronic files between applicant and sponsor).
Thanks for your detailed reply, really appreciate it. Second link you have provided gives clarity that online applications are still around. Online applications are convenient as you mentioned, I am hoping IRCC will not unduly delay the online processing.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Thanks for your detailed reply, really appreciate it. Second link you have provided gives clarity that online applications are still around. Online applications are convenient as you mentioned, I am hoping IRCC will not unduly delay the online processing.
We applied online in November because it was far more convenient for me to use the computer than 1,000 documents in paper form, etc. Thus far the timing between online and paper has ebbed and flowed a bit back and forth. I didn't assume online would be faster or vice versa. I did it for the ease (for me personally). I don't regret applying online at all. If you're a computer person like me, I recommend online. If not, do paper. Best of luck with it all! And the biggest piece of advice I think ANY of us could give is - have patience, and lots of it!!

Reactions: Swappy and armoured

jparasu

Oct 2, 2016
We applied online in November because it was far more convenient for me to use the computer than 1,000 documents in paper form, etc. Thus far the timing between online and paper has ebbed and flowed a bit back and forth. I didn't assume online would be faster or vice versa. I did it for the ease (for me personally). I don't regret applying online at all. If you're a computer person like me, I recommend online. If not, do paper. Best of luck with it all! And the biggest piece of advice I think ANY of us could give is - have patience, and lots of it!!
Thanks, i agree applying thru computer is convenient. I am applying for my dependent child, I have prepared myself to wait as long as it takes. Hope IRCC hires more staff to clear the backlogs.