+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Application Returned Implied Status

sam_33845

Oct 19, 2020
Hi there!

Background:
  1. My wife came to Canada under international experience program.
  2. We got married
  3. We applied for Family Class Sponsorship + Open Work Permit (INLAND)
  4. We applied 30 days before the international experience work permit to be expired.
  5. Today we received a our documents back in mailbox (Returned. Reason Missing document to proof employment on the side of sponsor).

Questions:
  1. Is implied status lost?
  2. Can we reapply from within Canada, so that my wife does not have to leave the country?
  3. Can we apply for "Status Restoration" ?
  4. Any ideas what to do in our case? Please any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sandeep441

Nov 3, 2018
I applied for my wife PR. Paper based application which was received on 14th sep. Can someone tell me how long it's gonna take and I haven't got any information from them yet.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi there!

Background:
  2. We got married
  4. We applied 30 days before the international experience work permit to be expired.
  5. Today we received a our documents back in mailbox (Returned. Reason Missing document to proof employment on the side of sponsor).

Questions:
  2. Can we reapply from within Canada, so that my wife does not have to leave the country?

Thank you.
1. Yes. It's lost.
2. You can reapply
3. You should apply for status restoration so that she will have valid status when time comes. I hope she can still apply for restoration (90 days from her IEC expiry, I believe)

sam_33845

Oct 19, 2020
1. Yes. It's lost.
2. You can reapply
3. You should apply for status restoration so that she will have valid status when time comes. I hope she can still apply for restoration (90 days from her IEC expiry, I believe)
Thank you for your answer.
2. Can she legally work while we reapply?
3. If we apply for Status Restoration, can she stay in Canada and continue working?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your answer.
2. Can she legally work while we reapply?
3. If we apply for Status Restoration, can she stay in Canada and continue working?
2. No. she is out of status. She cannot work. And she can only restore as a visitor. She can work if her status is restore and then look into OWP application then
3. She can stay in Canada while waiting for her status to be restored but she cannot work.

Saw this discussion on the worker section of the forum. It may be useful:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iec-open-work-expired-how-to-restore-extend.653571/

Reactions: mashulia_26

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I applied for my wife PR. Paper based application which was received on 14th sep. Can someone tell me how long it's gonna take and I haven't got any information from them yet.
A long time.. It will be mainly a waiting game right now... They may have a temporary application number which will guarantee that they will not be sending the sponsorship application back based on missing papers but no other information. mine was recived august 13th and all i have recieved so far is biometrics fee reminder i would not expect movement honestly till next year.

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
Hi there!

Background:
  2. We got married

Questions:

Thank you.
Sorry for your application being returned. When was your application package received by IRCC?

sam_33845

Oct 19, 2020
2. No. she is out of status. She cannot work. And she can only restore as a visitor. She can work if her status is restore and then look into OWP application then
3. She can stay in Canada while waiting for her status to be restored but she cannot work.

Saw this discussion on the worker section of the forum. It may be useful:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iec-open-work-expired-how-to-restore-extend.653571/
Thank you for link
A long time.. It will be mainly a waiting game right now... They may have a temporary application number which will guarantee that they will not be sending the sponsorship application back based on missing papers but no other information. mine was recived august 13th and all i have recieved so far is biometrics fee reminder i would not expect movement honestly till next year.
The temporary number does not mean anything. I had my application returned after receiving a temporary number...
Sorry for your application being returned. When was your application package received by IRCC?
Package was received March 13th. (it's terrible because we waited 8 months for them to return a package. Just insane)

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Thank you for link

The temporary number does not mean anything. I had my application returned after receiving a temporary number...

Package was received March 13th. (it's terrible because we waited 8 months for them to return a package. Just insane)
Welp the person i talked to at ircc then is a liar dam