+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class--additional family information

yuehuizhou

Nov 12, 2013
I am sponsoring my wife and step daughter to Canada. My wife is principle applicant as I understand. The question is: whether each of us, I, my wife and the daughter has to fill out the form of “additional family information”? That means 3 forms, one for each? But the form that is designed in September 2013 has fixed lines for “Applicant”, “Spouse or common law partner”, “Mother”, “Father”. So where do I put my name in the form? Where does my step daughter put her name in the form? Thanks!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
If you are the sponsor, you don't need to fill out the form.

You wife needs to fill out. Under Applicant she puts her name, under Spouse - your name, under parents - her parents' name, under children - all her children's names (even adopted ones and even if they are not being sponsored).

Your step daughter needs to fill it out only if she is 18 years old or more and she is a dependent of your wife.

Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant or those of the spouse or common-law partner.
They must:

- be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
- depend substantially on the financial support of a parent and have been continuously enrolled and in attendance as full-time students in a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority since before the age of 22 (or since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship, if this happened before the age of 22), or
- depend substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and be unable to provide for themselves due to a medical condition.

yuehuizhou

Nov 12, 2013
Thanks for answering. My step daughter is over 18 but under 22 years old and is dependent on us (she’s doing her college study in China) and is not married. So she should put her name on "applicant" line as well, though she's not principle applicant?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
yuehuizhou said:
Thanks for answering. My step daughter is over 18 but under 22 years old and is dependent on us (she's doing her college study in China) and is not married. So she should put her name on "applicant" line as well, though she's not principle applicant?
Yes, if she qualifies as a dependent, she needs to fill out her own copy of the form. If she is not married, she fills out only the Applicant section - with her name - and the parents section. The sections that do not apply, she should write N/A.

Also, make sure she is listed under the dependent section of form IMM0008.

yuehuizhou

Nov 12, 2013
Hi,

I appreciate very that this web site has been very helpful for me.
I have a new question concerning my 20 years old stepdaughter's immigration. The application form requires a custody order,
which my wife doesn't have. She and her ex-husband agree to take care about the daughter together without any legal document.
But most time she lives with the mother, my wife. Dose she still need a custody order even the daughter is no more a minor and
my wife and her ex-husband didn't make the document? Thanks for any help.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
yuehuizhou said:
Hi,

I appreciate very that this web site has been very helpful for me.
I have a new question concerning my 20 years old stepdaughter's immigration. The application form requires a custody order,
which my wife doesn't have. She and her ex-husband agree to take care about the daughter together without any legal document.
But most time she lives with the mother, my wife. Dose she still need a custody order even the daughter is no more a minor and
my wife and her ex-husband didn't make the document? Thanks for any help.
I'm not sure about the custody order for someone 20 years old. My thinking is it's not needed since the child is no longer a minor, but i'm not certain.

You also need to keep in mind that as of Jan 1, 2014, the rules for dependents are changing to a maximum age of 18 years old and under. So if you want to sponsor your wife's 20 year old daughter, then you need to make sure CPC-Mississauga receives your completed PR application for your wife and daughter on or before Dec 31, 2013. If you haven't submitted by this time, then the daughter becomes ineligible for family class.

yuehuizhou

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Rob,

Thanks for answering my question and reminding about the maximal age for independent.
I will try to write a letter in application package to explain the stuation. Thanks again!

Yeuhuizhou