+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class : 24 months and no update on file

ravi patel

May 15, 2014
Hi, I submitted the PR file in Dec 2018. I got married in Jan 2019. I added my wife in a file in Feb 2019.
-Our medicals are done and accepted by immigration
-Our biometrics are done did and accepted by immigration

since then no update on my file, It's 24 months since I applied. any help would be appreciated. what legal step should I take?. I am not sure why they are delaying my application without any reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I submitted the PR file in Dec 2018. I got married in Jan 2019. I added my wife in a file in Feb 2019.
-Our medicals are done and accepted by immigration
-Our biometrics are done did and accepted by immigration

since then no update on my file, It's 24 months since I applied. any help would be appreciated. what legal step should I take?. I am not sure why they are delaying my application without any reason.
Apply for the GCMS notes to see what is going on with your file,

ravi patel

May 15, 2014
Thank you for your reply, I got the GCMS note a week ago.

Medical: approved
Security: not started
Criminality: In progress
Eligibility: Not started

The same note as I requested 4 months ago. No update at all. I tried Webform too, they just pretending due to COVID-19.

ravi patel

May 15, 2014
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I did contact MP a couple of times. Immigration replying the exact same answer "Due to COVID-19, we are working with the reduced number of staff". But don't know why are they not finalizing my application after exceeding timelines.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Thank you for your reply, I got the GCMS note a week ago.

Medical: approved
Security: not started
Criminality: In progress
Eligibility: Not started

The same note as I requested 4 months ago. No update at all. I tried Webform too, they just pretending due to COVID-19.
What visa office is your application being processe?
Try and contact you local MP office.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
It's in the Vancouver local office. I contacted MP too. reply is the same , no new update
This is a Global Pandemic, and Immigration Canada make little or no alternative for meeting the timelines for spousal sponsorship even way before the Pandemic. I see they make some promises which I am yet to see fulfill. Remember these are hard times.

They are giving us the same deadline to resubmit documents and if we can't submit them within the time frame they gives, we should explain in writing which will still delay your application until they get the documents they ask to be resubmit.

They even ask some people to redo police record from their home country when those applicants have not left canada to commit any crime back in their home country.

I believe that they lost some documents.
Some visa offices are working from home, yet no movements, where those staff are even more safe, because they are social distancing, yet lock of update. And many other things, it is just so unfair .

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Security check is typically at the end of the processing of the application, so why they ask for a police record and medical at the beginning of the process, knowing that they will not meet the timeline and those documents expires, even now than ever before that they are more applications delays with Covid 19. To me it's a waste of time and money on applicants part.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Security check is typically at the end of the processing of the application, so why they ask for a police record and medical at the beginning of the process, knowing that they will not meet the timeline and those documents expires, even now than ever before that they are more applications delays with Covid 19. To me it's a waste of time and money on applicants part.
Because if the person can't pass the medical Canada doesn't want to process the application any further.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's in the Vancouver local office. I contacted MP too. reply is the same , no new update
Your processing time is longer than average. There are certain countries where a longer processing time is common like Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan although I do think that the MP could look into the situation in more detail after 24 months.

Reactions: armoured

ravi patel

May 15, 2014
Yes, they requested additional documents for the Development of the relationship about 5 months ago, Also they asked to resubmit background and family forms again in the following month, which I submitted in a timeline. But the only thing when I am calling to CIC. They just said, "they are still processing my application". Wondering I have never seen such a difficult situation with 24 months. should I hire a lawyer or what legal step should be taken?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, they requested additional documents for the Development of the relationship about 5 months ago, Also they asked to resubmit background and family forms again in the following month, which I submitted in a timeline. But the only thing when I am calling to CIC. They just said, "they are still processing my application". Wondering I have never seen such a difficult situation with 24 months. should I hire a lawyer or what legal step should be taken?
As above, try MP's office first. Order also your gcms notes to find out a bit more.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

You can hire a lawyer of course but will cost potentially a lot with no guarantee of success. Regardless it is worthwhile to go through MP's office and gcms notes first to at least determine whether there is an issue a lawyer may be able to help with.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Let's us do some mighty prayers, because this is not fair. We already contacted our local MP's office and ordered GCMS notes, but still no answers but still in process.