+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family business work experience

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm working for my dad for more than a year in a skilled occupation. He's a sole proprietor in India and has been paying me regular money as salary in my bank account ever since. Wanted to know if I can count this work experience and if a work experience job responsibilities letter would be sufficient?

I also have two years of corporate experience working for MNCs which are a part of my primary NOC and have all the relevant documentation as well.

Any insights will be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I'm working for my dad for more than a year in a skilled occupation. He's a sole proprietor in India and has been paying me regular money as salary in my bank account ever since. Wanted to know if I can count this work experience and if a work experience job responsibilities letter would be sufficient?

I also have two years of corporate experience working for MNCs which are a part of my primary NOC and have all the relevant documentation as well.

Any insights will be appreciated.
You will want to include salary proof along with the job responsibilities letter. If you have all of that, you are good.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you guys, appreciate it. Thing is I dont have official salary slips but my bank account says in the description as Salary when the payment is credited by my Dad. Also salary was variable but was always paid weekly, bikweekly or monthly.

Will bank statement of mine and responsibilities letter signed by my dad suffice?

zk7721

Jul 11, 2020
Hi,

I intend to immigrate to Canada through the FSW program and have most of my documents ready.

With regards to work experience, I have worked in my father's export company for over 4 years (Sept 14-Sept 18), in addition to completing my MBA (Sept 18 - Sept 19) last year and rejoining the business upon its completion. I have two main queries -

1. As I am a partner in the company, would partner's remuneration for the last financial year (ended March 20) on my Income Statement suffice? Does it have to be monthly?
2. Also, there have been minor transactions between the company and my bank account wherein an amount has been credited to my account (drawings) over the last 6 months. Does the amount being credited matter as it is a relatively small amount?

I hope to enter the pool in the next few months, once travel restrictions in my home country are lifted.

Looking forward to some assistance on the above.

Thanks.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Hello, Did you apply for PR using your work experience from your dad's company? Did it work for you? I'm also on the same boat.
Im still in the process. I'm sure it'll work out as its completely fine and genuine :). I'll keep you posted on this thread.

Reactions: Bacelor

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
What did you uploaded, salary slips or bank statements?

Did you back date your salary slips?
No salary slips. Just bank statements and made an excel sheet with all salary deposits (signed and stamped) so they can refer back to the bank statement. No issues so far but lets see.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
No salary slips. Just bank statements and made an excel sheet with all salary deposits (signed and stamped) so they can refer back to the bank statement. No issues so far but lets see.
how many months banks statement you added?