+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Application Package - Help

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am submitting a family application which includes myself and spouse. This is a paper based application.

Please correct me if I am wrong
- 1 sealed Application in an envelope for myself
- 1 sealed Application in an envelope for spouse
- Both these envelopes in one big envelop along with covering letter.

If I am sending by Post - Do we use Canada Post?
If I am sending by Courier - Do we use DHL / UPS?

Thanks

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Yes you can do that in order to separate a document from each applicant so that they don't get merged, but when I sent the document for myself, spouse and my kid I just used one single envelope but separated each application with covering letter and also any additional Letter of Explanations.

Yes you can use Courier for FedEx or UPS as that's much better than Canada Post.

Reactions: beebop

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am submitting a family application which includes myself and spouse. This is a paper based application.

Please correct me if I am wrong
- 1 sealed Application in an envelope for myself
- 1 sealed Application in an envelope for spouse
- Both these envelopes in one big envelop along with covering letter.

If I am sending by Post - Do we use Canada Post?
If I am sending by Courier - Do we use DHL / UPS?

Thanks
Hi,
I used Canada Post priority pre-paid envelope(National). You can buy it in a canada post office. Here is the link for that. Just make sure you check the signature box. You can buy Express post envelope as well and pay extra money for the signature feature. Up to you. Priority is supposed to be faster. However, due to Covid-19 the next day delivery policy doesn’t apply anymore and the delivery time is not guaranteed.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/shop/mail-pack-ship/personal/p-141868.jsf?execution=e1s1

Canada post Express and priority envelopes, and UPS and Fedex envelopes should be sent the courier address which is,

Case Processing Centre-Sydney
GRANTS Adults
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

If you send it to the regular mailing address, your parcel would be delivered to a postal box, and no one can give you a signature. If you don’t need a signature, you can use a normal envelope or express envelope(without signature feature), and send it to the regular mailing address which is,

GRANTS Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 6V6

The courier address is for the mailing services which need a signature upon delivery, because the picture of receiver’s signature will be provided for you by Canada post. So, express envelope and priority envelope should be sent to the courier address. By the way, if you want to use the express envelope make sure you remind the post officer to include the signature for you for an extra cost. If you use the priority envelope, the signature feature is already included with no extra cost. Just check the signature box on the back of priority envelope. However, reminding them that you need a signature doesn’t hurt.

I don’t recommend mailing such important documents without receiving the receiver’s signature. It completely depends on the budget you’ve considered for mailing your application. However, I strongly recommend the signature option.

Reactions: beebop

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
Yes you can do that in order to separate a document from each applicant so that they don't get merged, but when I sent the document for myself, spouse and my kid I just used one single envelope but separated each application with covering letter and also any additional Letter of Explanations.

Yes you can use Courier for FedEx or UPS as that's much better than Canada Post.
Thanks for your reply... How did you bind your application? Stapled it.. or punch hole file?

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
Hi,
I used Canada Post priority pre-paid envelope(National). You can buy it in a canada post office. Here is the link for that. Just make sure you check the signature box. You can buy Express post envelope as well and pay extra money for the signature feature. Up to you. Priority is supposed to be faster. However, due to Covid-19 the next day delivery policy doesn’t apply anymore and the delivery time is not guaranteed.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/shop/mail-pack-ship/personal/p-141868.jsf?execution=e1s1

Canada post Express and priority envelopes, and UPS and Fedex envelopes should be sent the courier address which is,

GRANTS Adults
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

If you send it to the regular mailing address, your parcel would be delivered to a postal box, and no one can give you a signature. If you don’t need a signature, you can use a normal envelope or express envelope(without signature feature), and send it to the regular mailing address which is,

GRANTS Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 6V6

The courier address is for the mailing services which need a signature upon delivery, because the picture of receiver’s signature will be provided for you by Canada post. So, express envelope and priority envelope should be sent to the courier address. By the way, if you want to use the express envelope make sure you remind the post officer to include the signature for you for an extra cost. If you use the priority envelope, the signature feature is already included with no extra cost. Just check the signature box on the back of priority envelope. However, reminding them that you need a signature doesn’t hurt.

I don’t recommend mailing such important documents without receiving the receiver’s signature. It completely depends on the budget you’ve considered for mailing your application. However, I strongly recommend the signature option.
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks a really great suggestion.
I will follow this.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
I just used paper clip & separated each application with covering letter.
Hi navid2014,

I am sending a family application. Using A5 envelop inside three envelopes for each family member is this the correct way for family application?
Does anyone have the same situation?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi navid2014,

I am sending a family application. Using A5 envelop inside three envelopes for each family member is this the correct way for family application?
Does anyone have the same situation?
Yes you can include all envelopes into one main envelope and also leave a cover letter in the main envelope referencing which envelope belongs to which applicant, but in my case I just used one envelope for all '3' family members and separated each application with cover letter and then used a paper clip for each application with the supporting document for each applicant.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Yes you can include all envelopes into one main envelope and also leave a cover letter in the main envelope referencing which envelope belongs to which applicant, but in my case I just used one envelope for all '3' family members and separated each application with cover letter and then used a paper clip for each application with the supporting document for each applicant.
Yes you can include all envelopes into one main envelope and also leave a cover letter in the main envelope referencing which envelope belongs to which applicant,

I am writing each applicant name and mailing address on envelope addressing case processing and sealing each evelople.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Yes you can include all envelopes into one main envelope and also leave a cover letter in the main envelope referencing which envelope belongs to which applicant,

I am writing each applicant name and mailing address on envelope addressing case processing and sealing each evelople.
I hope you are paying for the Citizenship fee for the entire family on one Single receipt and then leaving a copy of payment receipt in each envelope.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
I hope you are paying for the Citizenship fee for the entire family on one Single receipt and then leaving a copy of payment receipt in each envelope.
I paid the application fee separately for each application in one envelope $630 another envelope $630 and $100 for last envelope.